Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devil's Words - Mix/Master K27 Productions
Hello guys

This is my version of this song. I hope you enjoyed and give me your thoughts about it.

Hope to hear from you!

.mp3    Master_Devils Words_K27.mp3 --  (Download: 7.47 MB)

Kayoh Norcia
K27 Productions
www.k27.com.br
Hi Kayoh,

Solid mix! I love the drum sounds. Did you trigger the whole kit? If so, which plugin?

One question; the lead vocal sounds slightly out of tune from time to time, did you use any special processing on it?

Thanks.
Hi Bluecrow, thanks for your comments!

This session came with just the triggered kick chanel, so I had to use a sample to have a kick sound. I used a sample for the snare too, but it was not replace, it was about 12 dbs under the natural snare sound, just to add a little "Album sound" to the kit. The plugin that I used for that was Drumagog 5.

In the vocals I used a Ultrapitch from Waves, slightly out of tune. The rest is just the basics, EQ, Comp and De-essing.

I'm working on another of Action's songs. Love the band!
Kayoh Norcia
K27 Productions
www.k27.com.br
Nice mix here,some nasty ringing on the toms.
(29-06-2013, 08:30 AM)takka360 Wrote: Nice mix here,some nasty ringing on the toms.

Thanks takka360! I fix that and I'll post another mix tomorrow with some other improvements.
Kayoh Norcia
K27 Productions
www.k27.com.br
hi man, nice job, sound power and clear, maybe hihat is to compressed or to mani HIfreq?

keep the drums a masterpiece Smile
Smile cheers

p.s check my songs if u like thx
Great sounding mix! I love the toms also, I would leave them as they are.
(08-07-2013, 04:36 PM)tato Wrote: hi man, nice job, sound power and clear, maybe hihat is to compressed or to mani HIfreq?

keep the drums a masterpiece Smile
Smile cheers

p.s check my songs if u like thx

Thanxs tato! The problem about the hihat is that there was so much bleed from the snare that I could not get rid of it when I compressed. I tried to compress just the bottom chanel of the snare but I didn't like the results, and I try not to replace the snare sound completely.

That's the best that I could do with this "problem"...
Kayoh Norcia
K27 Productions
www.k27.com.br
(08-07-2013, 06:38 PM)sano Wrote: Great sounding mix! I love the toms also, I would leave them as they are.

Thanks sano! I'll post another version today. I hope you like it too.
Kayoh Norcia
K27 Productions
www.k27.com.br
As I told you guys, the new mix!

.mp3    Master_REvisited.mp3 --  (Download: 7.47 MB)

Kayoh Norcia
K27 Productions
www.k27.com.br