Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ronnie Jones: 'Why Don't You Stay'
(29-01-2017, 02:56 AM)kapu Wrote: Listened version 2. Maybe some boxy resonance in acoustic guitars around 500 and it's lower und upper octaves? I doesn't sound too bad, but the resonance is stronger on some chords, so it kind of comes and goes between chord changes and it feels a little weird. I agree with the previous writers about the fatness between kick, snare and bass. It's just awesome. Although it feels like a static mix, I think you have done good job with the vocals. The sound and performance, for me, is very challenging to make them work, but you've managed to make it sound like a song. ^_^
Hi Kapu,
Thanks for having a listen ,will work on the guitar boxy frequencies and try to make it less static more interesting.
Thanks again .

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

V2, much better Don. Has a more relaxed vibe that suits at the song. I'm much happier with the placement of the snare also. It's sitting nicely in the mix with the right amount of impact. Time to massage some builds and releases and emption into the track with some automation.

Well on the way.
(29-01-2017, 10:31 AM)Dangerous Wrote: V2, much better Don. Has a more relaxed vibe that suits at the song. I'm much happier with the placement of the snare also. It's sitting nicely in the mix with the right amount of impact. Time to massage some builds and releases and emption into the track with some automation.

Well on the way.
Gday Dave,
Thanks for having another listen ,a have to admit version 2 was like a 15 min fix with Andrew scheps parallel compression on all tracks except for drums.
will spend some more time and upload version 3

Cheers Big Grin

Hey Don, nice work on the drums, very full sound. How are you finding the NLS plugins? I'm yet to find a genuine use for them as yet, mind you I haven't spent a huge amount of time on them. With this mix, I would notch out a smidge of 2.5-3khz on the master buss and perhaps lighten up on the limiter/buss compression and let it breathe a bit more. Overall, I quite enjoyed this one. Just uploading my mix now. Cheers, Mick
(27-01-2017, 12:41 PM)thedon Wrote: Here is version 1 ,spent about an hour so far testing out waves NLS plugins, needs a lot more work version 2 coming soon !
Thanks Joe and Ronnie for the great song and recording.

Cheers Big Grin

It's a very good mix, man. Nice drum sound!
I just got around to checking out V2 and it's definitely a step up. I don't have much to add to what others have said. They all mentioned any issues I have with it. I do think the bass is a little loud. If it feels loud on my earbuds it probably is. But I also like it. It feels evenly loud and not poking out in certain frequencies that I can tell so I think it's cool.

Good job.
Very nice mix
(30-01-2017, 12:04 PM)mick2015 Wrote: Hey Don, nice work on the drums, very full sound. How are you finding the NLS plugins? I'm yet to find a genuine use for them as yet, mind you I haven't spent a huge amount of time on them. With this mix, I would notch out a smidge of 2.5-3khz on the master buss and perhaps lighten up on the limiter/buss compression and let it breathe a bit more. Overall, I quite enjoyed this one. Just uploading my mix now. Cheers, Mick
Hey Mick,
I'm finding the NLS plugins great for adding very subtle colour and even width especially not just played in solo by themselves but when switching between different desk channels on a single track while listening to the whole mix does seem to change how the vocal or instrument sits in the mix.
I have noticed trying to clean up some problem recordings and sorting out any obvious resonance frequencies before going into the NLS seems to a big difference also.
Anyway that's my little review of the NLS Blush.
I totally agree about the 2.5- 3 k area needing to be tamed and also the compression on the master bus.
Thanks for the feedback !

Cheers Big Grin

(30-01-2017, 06:16 PM)RogerAlmeida Wrote:
(27-01-2017, 12:41 PM)thedon Wrote: Here is version 1 ,spent about an hour so far testing out waves NLS plugins, needs a lot more work version 2 coming soon !
Thanks Joe and Ronnie for the great song and recording.

Cheers Big Grin

It's a very good mix, man. Nice drum sound!
Hi Roger,
Thanks for having a listen ,
I will have a listen to all of your mixes very soon !
Cheers Big Grin

(30-01-2017, 07:00 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I just got around to checking out V2 and it's definitely a step up. I don't have much to add to what others have said. They all mentioned any issues I have with it. I do think the bass is a little loud. If it feels loud on my earbuds it probably is. But I also like it. It feels evenly loud and not poking out in certain frequencies that I can tell so I think it's cool.

Good job.
Hi Roy,
Thanks for having a listen I appreciate it a lot.
your earbuds aren't lying ,the bass definitely is a little loud.

Cheers Big Grin