Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Long Wait: 'Santa' kapu mix
20-01-2017, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2017 06:06 PM by kapu.)
The Long Wait: 'Santa' kapu mix
Nice song. ^_^

.m4a   the_long_wait-__santa__kapu_mix.m4a --  (Download: 5.46 MB)

Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2017, 06:10 PM
RE: The Long Wait: 'Santa' kapu mix
Overall sound feels natural and good to me, but something bothers me with the bass. Hard to pinpoint what. As if the bass ruins the groove in the early part of the song. After 0:25 band grooves nicely and from there onwards I have nothing to complain, but before that somehow the band don’t roll nicely.

Should the bass be compressed more or what? I don’t know….
20-01-2017, 06:45 PM
(20-01-2017 06:10 PM)Olli H Wrote:  Overall sound feels ...

Thanks for feedback. Tried to fix the bass. Hope it's better now.
21-01-2017, 08:40 AM
I think it rolls better now.
You also added 5db to overheads? I wonder if it's too loud snare now, as it's played so softly and but still beigns to mask string instruments. Genrewise this is very old time country, I guess.
22-01-2017, 11:49 AM
(21-01-2017 08:40 AM)Olli H Wrote:  I think it rolls better now.
You also added 5db to overheads? I wonder if it's too loud snare now, as it's played so softly and but still beigns to mask string instruments. Genrewise this is very old time country, I guess.

Hmm, don't know what happened. Opened the session today and all the levels were messed up. Readjusted them and updated the file. Maybe Santa came really early this year and did some tweaking too.
22-01-2017, 01:40 PM
I think the bass has now nice country drive
22-01-2017, 01:45 PM
(22-01-2017 11:49 AM)kapu Wrote:  Maybe Santa came really early this year and did some tweaking too.

Lol that's hilarious.. I believe the vocals are too hot.. droping them would make the mix much better.

"Mixing for me is the opportunity you get to explore a song to detail and deliver the feeling intended. Mixing is more than faders and knobs, Mixing defines the soul of a song."
Saludos!
22-01-2017, 05:48 PM
(22-01-2017 01:45 PM)Shul Wrote:  Lol that's hilarious..

Thanks for feedback. Did some further adjusting. Listening now I think the band could have arranged the legato backing vocals to follow the 'Silent Night' Christmas carol more closely. It would have sunk in nicely. Smile
22-01-2017, 08:18 PM
Lots better.. now the instrumental shines nicely and the overall feel of the mix is very smooth.

Great mix Smile

"Mixing for me is the opportunity you get to explore a song to detail and deliver the feeling intended. Mixing is more than faders and knobs, Mixing defines the soul of a song."
Saludos!

Access my tutorial videos!
Advertisement: