Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Children of No One
I've worked on this on and off today. I listened to a lot of the other mixes. This has become a challenge for me and I pushed forward kind of reading on the fly, seeing what was working and what wasn't.

I did this one and as I'm posting it, I'm listening to it. Some where I started losing his voice in the frequency he's at. I'm catching on a little with the frequency ranges.

Well here goes. I will be revisiting this to figure the vocal thing out and any other suggestions you all may have.

Thanks.

.mp3    Children Of No One t2.mp3 --  (Download: 3.6 MB)

I'm happier with this mix. I have a new respect for sound engineers. WOW!
Smile

.mp3    Children Of No One t3.mp3 --  (Download: 3.62 MB)

Wow what a huge difference compared to the first mix !
sounding realy good
There is a lot of treble at 12k,(i can't believe i can still hear above 16k lol) maybe play around and roll off the top end treble with eq from approx 8k up 20k.
With the bass guitar try scooping the mid bass between 100hz and 250hz with eq rough guess -6db and see how that sounds !

Thanks
Don

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Ah yes, you have learned a lot in the last day or so Smile Smile

I am really looking forward to listening to you experiment with and develop your mixing techniques further John.

Welcome to the wonderful world of audio engineering! Big Grin

Dags
So many songs, so little time!
Well done John sounding better.
Ok I rolled the top with a lp but wondering if I took too much off.

Scooped the bass guitar to -6 at about 200hz....I slid it around and this sounded the best. I have some hearing loss in my left ear from time in the military and I fight that sometimes.

I have to say I like this one too Smile. What a great addiction to have lol. Now I'm really excited about getting some monitors and upgrading the AT M30 headphones I'm using. (Have some turtle beach gaming for xbox may give them a go lolTongue)

I really appreciate all the response and help.

My name is Greg btw. I named my "virtual band" johnbonesdoe. Heard it years ago from a medical examiner thought it would be a cool band name lol

Thanks,

Greg

.mp3    Children Of No One t4.mp3 --  (Download: 3.6 MB)

oops - sorry Greg! Smile

Your mixes are getting better. It might be hard to hear in your environment, but there's a lot of 'wool' in the mix usually from a build up of energy somewhere in the lower mud range. Most instruments have some resonance down this low, even if the main focus of the instrument's range is much higher.
It's a common problem with all songs and will become easier to hear with time and experience.

Judiciously cutting away some of the 'unneeded' energy from some instruments in this range will open up the mix a little.
Not saying that you should do yet another version of this particular song, BTW! You probably have had enough of working with it by now Smile
Just retain for future reference to help you out with your next mix.

Dags
So many songs, so little time!
Thanks Dags Smile and everyone! I have to say it was an eye opening experience to say the least. The dissection of sound and the ability of some to pick it out amazes me. Like I told my wife, she likes to do Jigsaw puzzles, some like to sew, I like everything music. I love the fact that I can have my own little band and make music (now I have to remix a lot of lol). I have no desire to play in public anymore, been there done that. Got old. Smile

Thanks again!