Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixed
[email protected]
This is my first mix on this site usually I only mix vocals this is my first time mixing a whole song I think it came out good.

.mp3    M.E.R.C. Music-Knockout.mp3 --  (Download: 10.34 MB)

HollywoodHD
Man dont get me wrong but this mix is sucks. I have nothing to say, its just sucks.
(05-12-2016, 10:34 PM)baza Wrote: Man dont get me wrong but this mix is sucks. I have nothing to say, its just sucks.

Hi baza,

With all due respect, I'm afraid that response sucks too. Wink

The purpose of the Discussion Zone is for people to share constructive feedback, as mentioned in The Three Commandments. Is there really nothing you can suggest to help HollywoodHD improve his mix? We're all here to learn and encourage each other, and unfortunately your post hasn't achieved either of those things.

Mike S.
(29-11-2016, 11:25 PM)HollywoodHD Wrote: [email protected]
This is my first mix on this site usually I only mix vocals this is my first time mixing a whole song I think it came out good.

Welcome to the site. What you put into learning the art of pro audio is what you will get out.. there is a wealth of information on YouTube that give great information about fundamental mixing. Here you can get good helpful feedback, not everyone is rude here.

My advice to you is to keep an open mind about different styles of songs for mixing and tackle everything you can download and mix, mix, mix, and mix some more..

Mix about 300 songs, since this is your first full song mix, and by then, you will have tuned your ear with your decision making skills, and then revisit this first post and let us hear your progress..

Again, welcome and keep mixing.
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
Did he put an audio watermark before the song? There wasn't one when I mixed this song. That seems misleading.
(06-12-2016, 01:05 AM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Did he put an audio watermark before the song? There wasn't one when I mixed this song. That seems misleading.

Yep.. and another tip for the new guy, no need for audio drops before songs.. we know who you are by your forum handle..
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
(05-12-2016, 10:34 PM)baza Wrote: Man dont get me wrong but this mix is sucks. I have nothing to say, its just sucks.

Just came from your mix Baza and the truth is is isn't all that. You should refrain from throwing these kind of comments. Especially when you did NOTHING to help this guy get better at mixing. I'll stop by your mix after this to leave my due critic.

Hollywood HD
Here is my observation on your mix.

I believe the main reason for the outcome of this mix is the system you use to mix in. You are probably mixing in cheap headphones which lack brightness. I would recommend to get a proper studio headphones they usually go for 150$. It's better than spending 400 on a pair of studio monitors which will mean absolutely nothing if you don't treat the room you will be mixing in.

*You mix started out good with the piano as it is
*Vocals are loud very bright and harsh sounding when I play it in my car stereo. My studio monitors can handle them just fine but they are still very bright. You should be careful around the 8khz and above. Don't boost too much.
*The Drum Beat is burried in the back and not present at all. This is a Key element in this type of genre. You should never lose focus of it. I believe you lost track of it when you started messing with everything else.
*Every other instrument sounds okay just a bit missplaced in there.

I would suggest you start with the drum beat first.. then add the bass enough so that you can hear it clear but not as loud that you can't hear the kick. After that add every other instrument taking into consideration the Bass... NOTHING should be louder than the rest of the instruments and NOTHING should be really low in the mix. If there is one thing louder than everything else (meaning it stands out too much) you are boosting too much volume. And if there is something very low (to the point that you STRUGGLE to hear it) then you are dropping too much volume.

Keep that last tip on check and you will see improvement. Leave all the EQ and proccessing fx for later.

Hope this helps.

Dude you must not know anything cause you can't give feedback so your comments are dismissed just like your version of the song wise you well in your future endeavors.
HollywoodHD
(06-12-2016, 01:01 AM)Digitaldruglord Wrote:
(29-11-2016, 11:25 PM)HollywoodHD Wrote: [email protected]

Welcome to the site. What you put into learning the art of pro audio is what you will get out.. there is a wealth of information on YouTube that give great information about fundamental mixing. Here you can get good helpful feedback, not everyone is rude here.

My advice to you is to keep an open mind about different styles of songs for mixing and tackle everything you can download and mix, mix, mix, and mix some more..

Mix about 300 songs, since this is your first full song mix, and by then, you will have tuned your ear with your decision making skills, and then revisit this first post and let us hear your progress..

Again, welcome and keep mixing.

Hey thanks a lot there's always one bad egg, but I appreciate the advice any that you offer
HollywoodHD
(06-12-2016, 01:24 AM)Shul Wrote:

Just came from your mix Baza and the truth is is isn't all that. You should refrain from throwing these kind of comments. Especially when you did NOTHING to help this guy get better at mixing. I'll stop by your mix after this to leave my due critic.

Hollywood HD
Here is my observation on your mix.

I believe the main reason for the outcome of this mix is the system you use to mix in. You are probably mixing in cheap headphones which lack brightness. I would recommend to get a proper studio headphones they usually go for 150$. It's better than spending 400 on a pair of studio monitors which will mean absolutely nothing if you don't treat the room you will be mixing in.

*You mix started out good with the piano as it is
*Vocals are loud very bright and harsh sounding when I play it in my car stereo. My studio monitors can handle them just fine but they are still very bright. You should be careful around the 8khz and above. Don't boost too much.
*The Drum Beat is burried in the back and not present at all. This is a Key element in this type of genre. You should never lose focus of it. I believe you lost track of it when you started messing with everything else.
*Every other instrument sounds okay just a bit missplaced in there.

I would suggest you start with the drum beat first.. then add the bass enough so that you can hear it clear but not as loud that you can't hear the kick. After that add every other instrument taking into consideration the Bass... NOTHING should be louder than the rest of the instruments and NOTHING should be really low in the mix. If there is one thing louder than everything else (meaning it stands out too much) you are boosting too much volume. And if there is something very low (to the point that you STRUGGLE to hear it) then you are dropping too much volume.

Keep that last tip on check and you will see improvement. Leave all the EQ and proccessing fx for later.

Hope this helps.

Really appreciate your support and advice I ventured out to sharpen my craft not knowing what to expect and I see it's more to it and I hope to get more insight and tip from ppl like yourself thanks again
HollywoodHD