Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fergessen - Nos Palpitants - Jamolir Mix
(06-06-2013, 09:02 PM)Xabix Wrote: Dear Marcus !

I can't listen to it for now ("little sound engineer" is sleeping...) but i'll do for sure when i wake up (meaning : when he wakes me up ... at 6am !)....
The good old 6000 ? .... damn... i miss those desk... such a long time i didn't put my hands on an SSL ... last time was 10 years ago ..(a 9000 J ...). Yes, the bottom end you can get from those are truly amazing...
Well, remixing is a little too late, as it's already gone to the factory for pressing it...

but next album .... well... SSL will be back for sure ! and i'll do it.. (almost for sure too!).
If i mix it, i won't do the mastering ... so ... well ... live and let die !

Tell me, was it at the mastering stage that the dynamic of the "drum part" went out ? or before.. did you see what i mean about this "impact" we're all waiting for ? ...

Damn, want to listen to it loud right now, and i can't.... !

See you soon for next listening mate.

Cheers

Hi Xabix!

I printed the mix and just did a volume automation in the beginning with just a little bit of threshold adjustment on the multi band compressor (McDsp 4400) I think it´s called.. Not sure though..

Cheers!

Included two pictures of my best friend! Smile

Thumbnail(s)

Thanks for the pics friend ! Always nice to see a good old girl like this !
I'll listen to your v2 tomorrow... Little boy is sleeping Smile

(Auto release on the bus comp ? ....) Smile

Cheers !
Estimated collegue (and friend) Smile

Well well well ...
What to say ? ... You're touching the angels here...

Ok, i'll tickle the monkey, just to push you above your limits ! First of all, do know that it's only taste here.. your mix is beautiful... Smile

-That fucking hi hat is a little too present ! But i don't remember if there's a hh track, or if they come with the OH .. maybe you could tamn them a little in the upper highs ? Don't know what you can do with it...

- Your snare gained a lot of low mids which is really good ! But it feels like it's equalized in a "V" mode... i kind'of feel like i'd like more mids (around 1k...). maybe just lowering a bit the bottom mic once more will do the job, or just give it a smooth boost with a Neve like eq (they are so good in the mids... ) ?

- Guitars (acoustics) are really beautiful !!!! Personnaly i would just lower a little of upper highs on them when the drums start, just to make some space for the rest.

- Lead vocals (damn, tell me what you did to make that awful distorsion almost out ????)... maybe, a little less around 200-300 (i know, it's tricky, cause you will touch the fundamentals of them...) could make them sound a little less "boxy"...

- Pedal steel guitar could benefit of a smooth 1/4 delay or something to make them last longer ? ... what do you think ?

Ok, i'll have a try at this one !!! I'm actually working on the next song Mike will publish soon ... (another one from Fergessen)... having a lot of fun, so i might apply what i did on it to this song (at least for the drums, which i got a huge sound from them, and will be happy to share !)

Always nice to listen to your mixes dear Marcus.

How come you have an SSL "at home" ? Smile Is it the place you're working at ?

Allright... many words... sorry, but your mix inspire me... I love this band (and these people) so much, they deserve the best, and i will share your mix with them if you're ok with it ?

See ya soon ! and thank you again for taking this music to its best.
Great mix!
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
(07-06-2013, 08:12 PM)Xabix Wrote: Estimated collegue (and friend) Smile

Well well well ...
What to say ? ... You're touching the angels here...

Ok, i'll tickle the monkey, just to push you above your limits ! First of all, do know that it's only taste here.. your mix is beautiful... Smile

-That fucking hi hat is a little too present ! But i don't remember if there's a hh track, or if they come with the OH .. maybe you could tamn them a little in the upper highs ? Don't know what you can do with it...

- Your snare gained a lot of low mids which is really good ! But it feels like it's equalized in a "V" mode... i kind'of feel like i'd like more mids (around 1k...). maybe just lowering a bit the bottom mic once more will do the job, or just give it a smooth boost with a Neve like eq (they are so good in the mids... ) ?

- Guitars (acoustics) are really beautiful !!!! Personnaly i would just lower a little of upper highs on them when the drums start, just to make some space for the rest.

- Lead vocals (damn, tell me what you did to make that awful distorsion almost out ????)... maybe, a little less around 200-300 (i know, it's tricky, cause you will touch the fundamentals of them...) could make them sound a little less "boxy"...

- Pedal steel guitar could benefit of a smooth 1/4 delay or something to make them last longer ? ... what do you think ?

Ok, i'll have a try at this one !!! I'm actually working on the next song Mike will publish soon ... (another one from Fergessen)... having a lot of fun, so i might apply what i did on it to this song (at least for the drums, which i got a huge sound from them, and will be happy to share !)

Always nice to listen to your mixes dear Marcus.

How come you have an SSL "at home" ? Smile Is it the place you're working at ?

Allright... many words... sorry, but your mix inspire me... I love this band (and these people) so much, they deserve the best, and i will share your mix with them if you're ok with it ?

See ya soon ! and thank you again for taking this music to its best.

My dear Xabix,

Thank you so much for the kind words, I made a conscious decision to leave the mix now. I could tweak it until the cows come home. Smile

The important thing is that I found the focal point of the song and wrapped it in a good way. (I think so at least) Smile The hardest thing is to know when to leave it alone.

I wish I had the SSL at home but somehow neither my spouse or my bank feels that it would be a good thing.. Smile
I rent that room on a daily basis, it´s the Studio 2, Studio 1 houses an Icon that soon will be replaced by an API 48 frame with automation if the gods are willing. Smile Check out the homepage. www.recordia.se

I found Fergessen on Soundcloud and shared my mix with them and they liked it! Hope that´s ok..

Much love,
/Marcus
(07-06-2013, 08:38 PM)bmullen Wrote: Great mix!

Thank you so much! It means a lot!

Cheers,
/Marcus
Yes i had i listen to your 2nd mix,you have some great low end in there to die for.
Very good indeed
(07-06-2013, 09:33 PM)takka360 Wrote: Yes i had i listen to your 2nd mix,you have some great low end in there to die for.
Very good indeed

Thank you! Smile

Cheers,
/Marcus