Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fergessen - Nos Palpitants - Jamolir Mix
Hi Guys!

Check out my mix, as always comments are welcome.

Cheers!
/Marcus

---> Added a new version with some different dynamics and a fatter snare.

.mp3    Fergessen - Nos Palpitants - MP37 - Jamolir Mix.wav.mp3 --  (Download: 7.5 MB)

.mp3    Fergessen - Nos Palpitants - MP40 - Jamolir Mix.wav.mp3.wav.mp3 --  (Download: 7.54 MB)

Hi Marcus! Beautiful, deep mix! I like it, good job!!!
(06-06-2013, 03:56 PM)akor Wrote: Hi Marcus! Beautiful, deep mix! I like it, good job!!!

Thanks man! Much appreciated! Smile
Jamolir,

Listened to it on headphones, wow, the depth on the mix is incredible. I can hear everything clearly and it sounds warm. I"ll need to listen to it at home in my room. Will get back to you once I do that.

Excellent job so far.
(06-06-2013, 04:02 PM)sab Wrote: Jamolir,

Listened to it on headphones, wow, the depth on the mix is incredible. I can hear everything clearly and it sounds warm. I"ll need to listen to it at home in my room. Will get back to you once I do that.

Excellent job so far.

Wow!

Great, exactly what I was going for!

Thanx!
Good mix.great kick
Hello Dear Marcus !

I had a quick listen to your mix of this great band i love, (and good friends too)... wow... you made something really good compared to the original mix !
I think the vocal (what a tracking ... pffouuu.... can't believe they didn't realize it was overcompressed and distorded...) is the best you can do with. Great job on this.
your kick is splendid too, lot of low end, that gives the song its basement.
The overall balance is almost perfect.

I might have a doubt about the proeminence of the Snare bottom mic : snare is sounding a little "high" in frequencies, and, with the "body" your kick has, it feels like snare's missing information in its low mids (around 150-200...).

About the long term dynamic, i think there's a "little" problem... as when the drum start, we would expect a sensation of impact, of a louder volume. It's not the case, and i don't know maybe it's at the mastering stage that the dynamic was squashed, or at the mix stage.
I remember myself doint a little "trick" while mastering the album, and i cheated about the intro volume, lowering the all mix of 2 dB's before drums start. it created the impact we should expect.

Apart from these details, you made a really good job with the material you have... it's a great band that deserve the best, and it was not the case, unfortunately...

A new song is coming soon by the way ... Wink

Cheers mate
(06-06-2013, 06:54 PM)Xabix Wrote: Hello Dear Marcus !

I had a quick listen to your mix of this great band i love, (and good friends too)... wow... you made something really good compared to the original mix !
I think the vocal (what a tracking ... pffouuu.... can't believe they didn't realize it was overcompressed and distorded...) is the best you can do with. Great job on this.
your kick is splendid too, lot of low end, that gives the song its basement.
The overall balance is almost perfect.

I might have a doubt about the proeminence of the Snare bottom mic : snare is sounding a little "high" in frequencies, and, with the "body" your kick has, it feels like snare's missing information in its low mids (around 150-200...).

About the long term dynamic, i think there's a "little" problem... as when the drum start, we would expect a sensation of impact, of a louder volume. It's not the case, and i don't know maybe it's at the mastering stage that the dynamic was squashed, or at the mix stage.
I remember myself doint a little "trick" while mastering the album, and i cheated about the intro volume, lowering the all mix of 2 dB's before drums start. it created the impact we should expect.

Apart from these details, you made a really good job with the material you have... it's a great band that deserve the best, and it was not the case, unfortunately...

A new song is coming soon by the way ... Wink

Cheers mate

Thanx for your input Xabix! And thanks for the kind words, I´ve updated the song with another version. Check it out.

I agree with the snare, I wasn´t happy with it so I decided to change it up a bit. I also added a more dynamic segway into the "drum part" to make more exciting.

I mixed this one on the old trusted SSL and the bottom you get out of that board is crazy! I love it!!

Isn´t it time to remix their album..? You can do the mastering.. Big Grin

Cheers
/Marcus
Dear Marcus !

I can't listen to it for now ("little sound engineer" is sleeping...) but i'll do for sure when i wake up (meaning : when he wakes me up ... at 6am !)....
The good old 6000 ? .... damn... i miss those desk... such a long time i didn't put my hands on an SSL ... last time was 10 years ago ..(a 9000 J ...). Yes, the bottom end you can get from those are truly amazing...
Well, remixing is a little too late, as it's already gone to the factory for pressing it...

but next album .... well... SSL will be back for sure ! and i'll do it.. (almost for sure too!).
If i mix it, i won't do the mastering ... so ... well ... live and let die !

Tell me, was it at the mastering stage that the dynamic of the "drum part" went out ? or before.. did you see what i mean about this "impact" we're all waiting for ? ...

Damn, want to listen to it loud right now, and i can't.... !

See you soon for next listening mate.

Cheers
Oh Marcus... another little thing... i loved your LR acoustic guitars, but as they are all the way panned, they sometimes sound a bit present.
Don't know yet if it's a matter of volume, or if you could just lower a bit the highs of them ... or maybe compress them more, just to make them do the harmony part, and not that much of a rythmic pattern. Maybe the drums will feel more powerful if they are not disturbed by the attack of the acoustics...
I'm not sure about what i'm saying, just a feeling i had right away at the first listening...

But you're on the way to achieve a really good mix !

If you want, send it to me in wav (or on a soundcloud if you have...), and i'll be happy so share it with Fergessen's members !

Yope !