Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions - Devil's Words (Mixed by drums4_Me2)
Hi guys,

Just recently found "Devil's Words" by Actions. Awesome song to listen to.

Biggest challenge (probably like everyone else) was making the drums a ton more prominent. I kept the original snare track, but set it as a bottom-end filler (boosted 250 HZ range) then added a second as a trigger for the pop on the high end. Both toms are replaced (trigger didn't work right, some notes may be missing or are not as audible as others), as well as the kick, of course.

My other challenge was figuring out a right compression and EQ for the lead vocal, as well as it's double track.

I also played around with the second to last chorus that acts as a break. I tried a technique to sweep the high cut on a lot of the tracks for a nice transition into the last chorus. Let me know what you think of it.

Don't hesitate to critique, this is my first mix that I've posted. I'd love the feedback!

drums4_Me2

.mp3    Actions - Devil\'s Words.mp3 --  (Download: 3.8 MB)

Hello

Not a bad mix.

* toms are lacking that low punchy resonating energy. A boost on the low end will be beneficial.
*guitars are on point
*great job on that snare
*bass needs more presence to push through. A boost around the 400-600hz would be great and a cut on the low energy. I feel is too boomy around the 50-80 hz

Keep it up. Overall its very nice mix.
Thanks man! I'll take a look at the suggestions, and maybe posted an updated mix.

(11-07-2016, 06:56 AM)Shul Wrote: Hello

Not a bad mix.

* toms are lacking that low punchy resonating energy. A boost on the low end will be beneficial.
*guitars are on point
*great job on that snare
*bass needs more presence to push through. A boost around the 400-600hz would be great and a cut on the low energy. I feel is too boomy around the 50-80 hz

Keep it up. Overall its very nice mix.