Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wess Meets West - 64Bristol ( Daniel Horta Mix )
I think that was the most difficult song I ever mix... The density of tracks makes the work hard. I used all tracks and tried to make them
audible with some pan and eq,
among other things... Leave some replies about it! Smile

.mp3    Wess Meets West - 64Bristol ( Master ).mp3 --  (Download: 14.02 MB)

Hi Daniel.

I personally got rid of several tracks in this song as they were useless to me. Some tones in the guitar were so different. Anyway

*balances are good
*good assessment of the tracks if you indeed used all. I don't hear a mess.. There is a clear melody.
*at 2:08 there is a resonant build up in the snare.
* at some points the mix sounds squashed. Are u using compression on the master bus?

Anyway. Sounds good to me. Everyone takes their own approach on this song.
(19-06-2016, 10:29 PM)Shul Wrote: Hi Daniel.

I personally got rid of several tracks in this song as they were useless to me. Some tones in the guitar were so different. Anyway

*balances are good
*good assessment of the tracks if you indeed used all. I don't hear a mess.. There is a clear melody.
*at 2:08 there is a resonant build up in the snare.
* at some points the mix sounds squashed. Are u using compression on the master bus?

Anyway. Sounds good to me. Everyone takes their own approach on this song.

Hi Shul, first of all, thanks for your reply.

I used all the tracks, trying to make the melody visible with a diference of volumes in the guitars and a sistematic pan. The most important guitars are 100% pan left and right and I keep putting into the middle the less important guitars, turning down the volume a little bit for dont interfere on the sounds with same frequences. I dont used any drastic compression on the master bus... just a little bit in the mastering!

Thank you Smile!