Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piece Of Me mix
Hi,

I gave it a go, found it pretty hard to mix ^^.

Let me know what you think =) !

.mp3    piece of me.mp3 --  (Download: 12.23 MB)

Hello

Here are my observations

*intro guitars sound louder than the actual rhythm gtrs. I feel they take away the explosion of the instrumentation when every thing comes in.
*I like the smooth guitars.
*snare is a bit too up front.. Or too raw to fit the grid. Perhaps more reverb on it will fix this.
*vocals feel too soft sometimes that they get masked a bit by the rest of the mix.
*last solo riff at 4:40 sounds muffled and really like it's not part of the mix.

Overall this is good Smile I remember I used a lot of automation on vocals to get them to sound properly throughout the whole mix. Perhaps that's all your mix needs just more automation work.

Question... Did you used a compressor in the master bus?? My ears could be mistaken... But I hear compression on the whole mix.. A bit too much I would say.

Anyways.. I'm using average headphones on this. Basically I am giving you feedback based on what the average user uses to hear music. Some of the things I said are based on taste. Feel free to ignore.

Hope it helps.
Hey,

Thanks for your input !

I definitely need to do more automation in general and maybe i tend to compress my master buss a bit too much.
For the last solo riff, i admit i was a little bit lazy ^^.
I'll check that snare and intro.

All advice is always welcome and usefull =)

Edit: I made a less compressed version.

.mp3    piece of me.mp3 --  (Download: 12.23 MB)