Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dice - Mix
Here is my mix. Been listening to it for some days now before uploading and are still satisfied witht the mix. Did I miss anything ?

/C

.mp3    LeadInc_TheDice.mp3 --  (Download: 13.89 MB)

imho the bass is drowning everything and something went really wrong with the snare gate, at least the hihat is rattling all over the place.. you should try that again, no offense
Haha yes I hear the hihat :-) been aware of it since I uploaded. The bass is drowning everything? really ? hmm don't agree about it.
What do you mean with the snare ?
No offense taken :-) Appreciate your time.

/C
Hello Cassandra

*The biggest issue here is your hihat. Perhaps wursrdrumer meant the gate on your hihat. Its set up terribly. The way it cuts off is very very distracting.
* the enhancement on cymbals and hihat is too much. Seems like you left mostly high highs and took away the mid highs.
*for me your bass feels unclear thus leaving me with the sensation of everything else being powerless. I focus too much on hearing the bass that everything else felt a bit low. I would try a more sharper eq on it to bring more presence on it rather than "energy"
*kick gets masked by the bass somewhat in the chorous. Maybe turn it up, or some automation in those areas .
*I like the eq on the vocals , I just don't like the hihat is louder than the voice.

Hope this helps.