Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Alone with you - Elias mix
Hi! I experimented a little mixing this song. I passed electric guitars through my ART tube mp -it compress them a little and give them a fuller sound.

For the solo I used my guitar pedals, added chorus to give a stereo sound.

Hope you like!

Greetings from Argentina!

.mp3    Alone with you_sesiĆ³n320.mp3 --  (Download: 17.5 MB)

I Like your mix Elias
Only thing I would change here is a more subtle reverb on Vocal.
Good job.
Hi Elias,

I really like this one, your mix is sounding great through headphones. If I have to pick at anything, it would only be that the vocals are sounding a little honky to me, if thats the right word. A little full around the 600hz area I guess. You've done a great job. Well Done. Smile
(11-04-2016, 07:40 AM)Shul Wrote: I Like your mix Elias
Only thing I would change here is a more subtle reverb on Vocal.
Good job.

Thanks Shul! Smile I agree with you, I think I should used automation with reverb, in some parts of the song you can hear it and in other the vocal is like dry.

(11-04-2016, 09:20 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Hi Elias,

I really like this one, your mix is sounding great through headphones. If I have to pick at anything, it would only be that the vocals are sounding a little honky to me, if thats the right word. A little full around the 600hz area I guess. You've done a great job. Well Done. Smile

Thanks Dangerous! Smile You can be right about the honky vocal sound. I mix on headphones - I can't afford monitors - and for shure there are peaks that I cant hear.

I'm glad you liked it!

Greetings from Argentina!
i like your mix very much and damn, you mixed this with headphones?
can i ask what headphones and amp are you using?
(27-04-2016, 06:47 PM)coldvodka Wrote: i like your mix very much and damn, you mixed this with headphones?

Of course you can ask me. Really I'm glad you asked, it's unexpected for me, I'm using samson's sr850, they are the same as superlux HD 668B.

For amp I'm using the same I use for recording, the behringer's q802 usb, so nothing expensive haha.
(27-04-2016, 11:52 PM)Elias Wrote:
(27-04-2016, 06:47 PM)coldvodka Wrote: i like your mix very much and damn, you mixed this with headphones?

Of course you can ask me. Really I'm glad you asked, it's unexpected for me, I'm using samson's sr850, they are the same as superlux HD 668B.

For amp I'm using the same I use for recording, the behringer's q802 usb, so nothing expensive haha.
oh.. that's a surprise again, i thought it would be something like hd650 or dt880 or something.
glad to know that!
Nicely done. I do think you've done a great job with the tone on the guitars. I can't say I am a big fan of the detuned chorus on the solo though, but that's a personal thing.
You also did a good job with the dynamics which is tricky with this song as Justin seems to run out of steam at the most emotional and driving parts of the song. There are times I would like to hear the guitars laid off a bit in support of the vocals. Minor points to an otherwise excellent version.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(29-04-2016, 12:48 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Nicely done. I do think you've done a great job with the tone on the guitars. I can't say I am a big fan of the detuned chorus on the solo though, but that's a personal thing.
You also did a good job with the dynamics which is tricky with this song as Justin seems to run out of steam at the most emotional and driving parts of the song. There are times I would like to hear the guitars laid off a bit in support of the vocals. Minor points to an otherwise excellent version.

Hey thanks for comment!

The chorus in solo part was an idea because I felt the song lost it's energy there, and to help a little I put the chorus.

Talking about guitar levels, I didn't use automation on this song, because I don't heard it needed. I need more training obviously to hears that details. Thanks for critical listening!