Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dad's Glad
I took a more open approach to this song, many of the example mixes boost the guitars and slam you with the opening theme, I wanted a less intrusive intro and more sorrowful/soulful sound. Your thoughts are much appreciated!

.m4a    Dads Glad.m4a --  (Download: 3.69 MB)

Hello Jaga

Here are my observations

*Bass is too loud. Is overpowering everything else. especially the voice.
*Right back vocal is very different in contrast with main vocal.. it feels too dry to pass as a "back vocal"
*Snare feels odd seating on the left side and kick in center. Also there are a few bad freq. that you could get rid of so you can have a more solid snare. Also more compression would help.
*I like the main vocal eq. A bit low on the mids but that's okay it sounds good. I would just like it to be more upfront.

Hope this helps.
There is an interesting intimacy with your mix which I like a lot. Shul mentions the bass (I assume he is referring to bass guitar) being too loud. I agree but only when the drums come in. The kick seems to be out of place with the otherwise good placement and environmentals of the kit and in conjunction with the bass guitar begins to overwhelm your mix. My one big objection though, is the ending. Sounds like the tape broke. What's up with that?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]