Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lead Inc - The Dice by KV
I would love to hear thoughts on this mix. This is a fun song.

.mp3    LeadInc_The_Dice.mp3 --  (Download: 13.84 MB)

"vis Cantus" Vision of Sound
Music is the eyes and ears of the soul - I love working with the artist, realizing their vision and presenting it to the souls.
Hey keith

Few observations

*Bass is too loud. is swallowing the drums big time.
*Drums are too low... you notice it more when it hits the chorous.
*I lilke your guitar tones
*I like the vocal treatment

Other than the volume issues... I really dig your mix. Keep it up!
Hi Keithv,
Sounds pretty good, the panned guitars sound good maybe a touch full in the low frequencies around 100hz and below in the side channels and competing with the bass a touch.
The drums sound a little soft in the background ,The kick beater cuts through well for small monitors ,I think you could probably add some more body of the low frequencies of the kick and also the snare for some punch maybe just less compression ?
The vocals revrb sounds a touch wet mainly in the low frequencies and in a different space compared to the music which is probably personal taste Just some thoughts while having a listen.

CheersBig Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay in my reply - real life his been crazy. Thank you for your feedback. I love the comments; I love the bass and kick and didn't notice the overload. `

I felt the lead VOX was a little tough for me - I wanted her out in your face but didn't want her to cut into the guitars, I too felt her vox was a little to wet.

The guitars was a lot of fun.

Again, thanks for giving this old dog some insight. Greatly appreciated.

KV
"vis Cantus" Vision of Sound
Music is the eyes and ears of the soul - I love working with the artist, realizing their vision and presenting it to the souls.
Hi !

Overall is pretty decent, nice job !

I would have compressed the vocals more. To me the lead vox ebbs and flows a bit too much and with more compression could be more in front.
Kick is a bit lost, mainly because of the bass. Snare is decent, but I personally used samples to make it cut through more.

Good job !