Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dice
Thanks Obelix. Nothing really special on vocals : compression, de-esser, eq, widening, reverb and a little delay in choruses.
(01-04-2016, 08:36 PM)Obelix Wrote: Very nice sounding mix. What did you do to main vocal. Nice fx it has, but it is harsh

He is using a very short delay on the vocal with low volume. That's the main fx. Rest is a bit of reverb. I'm gonna say it as a high pass around 400hz maybe because it's enhancing most of the bright freq. (what you perceive as harshness).

I personally don't think this is harsh.
Hey Sono

If you let me destroy your mix Smile

*In all three mixes the Kick is piercing through heavy. I would lower the beater on it.
*I like the body of the snare in the 3rd mix. In the first one is too thin.. I felt it needed more snap. (gonna based the comment on 3rd mix since I liked it better)
*The guitars have a pleasant eq imo, but the volume is no good for it. Most of the energy in this song comes from the guitars. I would turn that up more.
*Good job on the bass. Killing some of the ugly freq. I now feel mine needs cleaning done Lol
*Overall I feel the mix needs a bit more reverb. it's too dry. Especially drums. (snare)
*I hear the reverb on the guitar.. it sounds like you placed the reverb in the same channel. If I'm not wrong I would suggest you leave the raw guitar sound and place the reverb on a buss to prevent texture changes. This will give you more energy on the guitars without compromising it's actual sound.

Hope this helps.