Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lead Inc: 'The Dice'
Thanks to Till and the band for providing this groove tune to mix, enjoyed it. Overall, I have to say it was quite well recorded with very little problems to fix. Drums were well captured and there was certainly no need for samples in this mix. Vocals needed a bit of balancing work, but were relatively free from sibilance which was a big help. I've listened to a few mixes so far and there are some great versions. Feedback and comments always welcome, thanks again.

Cheers,
Mick

.mp3    the dice.mp3 --  (Download: 13.86 MB)

Hello Mick

This is a pretty good solid mix. Things I'd like to point out

*I like the vocal treatment you got.
*I like the sound of your drums, however I feel the snare gets somewhat lost in the mix here and there just a bit. Could be the voice or guitars which are making it miss a hit or two here and there but no big deal. Good job on the tones though!
*at 3:55 the effect is cool.. I just would have liked some more reverb on it. (this is a preference thing so feel free to ignore)

That's it.. this is really good! Smile

(24-03-2016, 08:45 AM)Shul Wrote: Hello Mick

This is a pretty good solid mix. Things I'd like to point out

*I like the vocal treatment you got.
*I like the sound of your drums, however I feel the snare gets somewhat lost in the mix here and there just a bit. Could be the voice or guitars which are making it miss a hit or two here and there but no big deal. Good job on the tones though!
*at 3:55 the effect is cool.. I just would have liked some more reverb on it. (this is a preference thing so feel free to ignore)

That's it.. this is really good! Smile

Thanks Shul, I appreciate the detail. I will revisit some of those items.

Cheers,
Mick

Hey Mick,
Another Nice solid mix enjoyed listening,
one minor thing is the top end of the hi hat jumping out touch sometimes around 12k area ,which i tried to tame some transients with a dynamic parametric eq on the overheads and hi hat track.
Great stuff Big Grin
cheers,

Don

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Good sounding mix, mick! I agree with Don about the hi-hat. Nothing much to criticize, except the brightness of the hats!

Nice work!

Draper
Thanks guys, much appreciated. I will likely upload a revised version soon.

Cheers,
Mick