Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I Want Mix
Hello!

Here is my mix! Any feedback will be appreciated! This one was a bit weird due to the many guitars and drum mics it had!

Cheers! Smile

PS: I think the kick could be lower as well as the vocals!

.mp3    What I Want.mp3 --  (Download: 8.95 MB)

Cool vocal delay/effect going on. Overall it's a bit spacey for me, I'd back off most of the effects a notch, particularly the vocal delay. I'm missing the bottom end too, let that kick and bass shine!

And don't forget to edit where necessary Wink
Thanks a lot for the feedback! I agree with your points! I guess after mixing for a few hours I loose the sense of reverb!! Big Grin

Here is another attempt with reduced reverb on all tracks (about 4dB down) and a bit more bass allowed in from the mix bus EQ!

Cheers!

Hey Gkallergis

I like your mix but the only thing I found tiering is the reverb on that intro guitar throughout the song.

There is a particular frequency ringing there somewhere. (guitar track) Id do a sweep to lower it. (I would also highpass that reverb on it a bit more so that frequency isn't piercing through)

at 2:04 through 2:08 there is a ringing freq. on the right mostly. I'm sure it's the snare causing it and also it's bleeding through the overhead mics. I would do another sweep as well.

I think if you were to fix that guitar ringing problem this would sound SO MUCH better Big Grin
Hello Shul!
Thank you very much for the feedback!!

I reduced the reverb on guitars and also lowered my high-cut on the reverb a bit. I also EQed out some more snare ringing. I hope I'm moving in the right direction.

One question, when the snare ringing is too broad, is there anything I can do to avoid loosing snare sound in my attempt to cut out the ringing? For example, now the ringing was arount 400-600 and I had to go with a pretty drastic Q to remove most of it so in the process I lost a lot of "good sound", too! Could I just add another EQ to bring it back in? Does this make sense? Or should I just cut with many narrow filters in the first place?

Thanks in advance for any information! Smile Cheers!