Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions - Devil Words mix
Hey guys, first attempt at one of these from the multitrack library

I'm ok with the levels of it all (on some speakers at least), it seems to be missing a bit of the punch of other mixes that I've heard on here though

Anyway, let me know anything you dig or that you'd do differently!

EDIT: 2nd mix in 3rd post

.mp3    Devils Words Mix A.mp3 --  (Download: 7.4 MB)

Hello Ben

The levels seem pretty good. It's just the eq that I think needs a lil more polishing.

*The bass has some rumbling low freq. that are figthing too much with the rest of the instruments. Especially drums. I would clean up some low freq. from the bass.

*Liked the delays at 1:40 Smile

I would suggest to use a High Pass on everything you can to clean some low end. Also in your reverbs make sure you are high passing too. Low end reverb is very muddy in a mix.

Saludos!! keep it up.
Did a second mix, taking into account your notes

Took a bit of the low out of the bass, as well as hi-pass a lot of the reverbs over the track
Also brought the overheads a bit more forward, it feels like it gives the chorus more impact when it kicks in

.mp3    Devils Words Mix B.mp3 --  (Download: 7.4 MB)

Yup. Beautifully improved.

Mix b sounds way better IMO.
I see you also boosted the tom on the right. Or maybe since the bass has less lows I can hear that tom more clear.
Cymbals definitely give more ambiance to drums.

Good job and keep it up.
Thanks, I think the tom is just clearer with the bass out of the way

The only thing I feel a bit underwhelmed with are the guitars, I don't think they're bad but I also don't think they're great. does anyone have any recommendations?