Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wall Of Death Femme
Please be brutal I learn more from people telling the truth rather than, "sounds good" comments. thanks!

.mp3    Wall Of Death.mp3 --  (Download: 8.57 MB)

Hello.

The lead guitar that goes in at 0:53 needs to be more upfront and the Voice needs to be a bit lower. Also the solo at the end.. is lower than the vocals but lowering the vocals a bit would fix this.
(23-02-2016, 02:47 AM)Shul Wrote: Hello.

The lead guitar that goes in at 0:53 needs to be more upfront and the Voice needs to be a bit lower. Also the solo at the end.. is lower than the vocals but lowering the vocals a bit would fix this.

Thanks for listening and for the comments. I am thoroughly surprised that ONE adjustment is all that is needed. Are you sure there isn't more wrong with this mix? I'll have a listen to the vox down a dB and see how that sits.
Cymbals/Hit/Ride take up too much space. I can't hear the tom fills. Snare is too loud/distracting/artificial in the blasts. Solo at 1:00 needs more delay. The solo at 2:25 is fizzy and sounds like it's played through an old radio. Maybe you should use a different sound there - but I have to admit it's also cool in a weird way. I would at least tame the fizz.

Other then that it's cool. Definitely one of the better mixes of this song. It's missing some excitement though - try to make some parts louder, some quieter, bring up the details (like the toms). The toms are more upfront in my mix and that alone helps the song too stay a little bit more interesting before & after the breakdown.

http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=10657