Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burnig Bridges - Dark Ride (APRIL 2016)
Great recording!
Great Song!

Mix1: BurningBridges-DarkRide-Shulmix2

Update: BURNING BRIDGES M2 (April 2016)
Well.. I can honestly say I have improved. Listening to my old mix.. IT'S UGLY.
Still gonna leave it there to show how You truly become better by practicing.

Update:Unmastered Mp3
Unmastered mp3(for sake of memory) provided for you people who want to practice Mastering and have the tools for it. It is at -5db RMS.

P.S.My monitors had a lot to do with this mix.. however the things and tricks I have learned over the past months in this site have played a major role. I would say 50-50 between New monitors and Practice experience. Not perfect but is better in comparison.

.mp3    BurningBridgesM2mixonly.mp3 --  (Download: 8.78 MB)

.mp3    BurningBridges-DarkRide-Shulmix2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.63 MB)

.mp3    BurningBridgesM2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.78 MB)

Nice. Could have more impact/movement though. The bass in the db groove is cool but the part looses some of it's power without the rhythm guitars. solos have too much reverb. And the choir in the solo... well, it's a guitar solo. The choir is there to support the solo, not the other way around.

Some small details are also completely missing (like the snare buildup before the 2nd verse at 0:48). Overall it needs more polish and attention to detail. And I´m not even talking about making the whole mix a lot more exciting with volume automation (chorus louder, verse quieter, etc.) or automating the bus compressor so the chorus literally "explodes" every time it hits.
(25-01-2016, 06:08 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: Nice. Could have more impact/movement though. The bass in the db groove is cool but the part looses some of it's power without the rhythm guitars. solos have too much reverb. And the choir in the solo... well, it's a guitar solo. The choir is there to support the solo, not the other way around.

Some small details are also completely missing (like the snare buildup before the 2nd verse at 0:48). Overall it needs more polish and attention to detail. And I´m not even talking about making the whole mix a lot more exciting with volume automation (chorus louder, verse quieter, etc.) or automating the bus compressor so the chorus literally "explodes" every time it hits.

I appreciate your time listening to my mix. Totally forgot about that's snare build up. I will come back and post a new version considering everything you pointed out. No better feedback than the engineer from the band! Smile
Edit2 ready to go Blitzz! Hope your ears agree with this one better.. (or probably worse than the first one)
hard to tell on my headphones on the office. In the meantime you should check this mix:

http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...p?tid=5564

Focus on the transitions between the different parts. The chorus ALWAYS hits like a truck and literally explodes. There is not a lot of reverb, no fancy delay.
(26-01-2016, 12:39 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: Focus on the transitions between the different parts. The chorus ALWAYS hits like a truck and literally explodes. There is not a lot of reverb, no fancy delay.

I see what you mean.. I'll focus on the rhythm guitar automations!
Update: above
Cool. I personally mix the guitars louder then the drums because - for me - it sounds more "in your face". But it's cool.
(13-04-2016, 06:29 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: Cool. I personally mix the guitars louder then the drums because - for me - it sounds more "in your face". But it's cool.

Yeah I tried lowering the drums but they were masked too much by everything else. For example guitars were automated to be louder in chorus an drums feel like they have less volume.

I supposed I could have automated the drum bus on verses, but I think since I play drums my self I always leave them with good volume on the mix.
Oops.

Thanks for the feedback.