Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It was my fault for waiting
This was a fun song to mix although it did take me a bit to sort out what pieces I wanted to use. I really hated the tone that the recorded guitar had and so I used the DI guitar and ran it through an amp modeler. The vocals were fun to play with and getting a balance was a bit of a chore. I ended up doing two mixes. I really liked the reverb the original had on the backup vocals so I did one to try and capture that a bit and I did one a bit drier just to show that it could be done either way. Also I did a mix and a master on this one. The original mixes are fully uncompressed with no clipping. I uploaded both to show how much quieter original mixes are supposed be before sending things off to be mastered. I also used only stock pro tools plugins just to prove that having more plugins doesn't automatically make anyone a better mixer and that a great mixer can use the tools that he has to get a great sound. As always any comments are appreciated. Thanks for listening.

.mp3    ATLANTIS BOUND IT was my fault for waiting.mp3 --  (Download: 7.76 MB)

.mp3    ATLANTIS BOUND IT was my fault for waiting MORE VERB.mp3 --  (Download: 7.68 MB)

.mp3    ATLANTIS BOUND IT was my fault for waiting MORE VERB MASTER.mp3 --  (Download: 7.94 MB)

.mp3    ATLANTIS BOUND IT was my fault for waiting MASTER.mp3 --  (Download: 8.1 MB)

The guitars have too much reverb for my taste. The voice sounds good though. I'd like the drums to be a bit more luder than they are but thats just me. overall its a decent mix in my opinionSmile
Nice call. Here is the revised version.

(22-01-2016, 08:21 AM)Shul Wrote: The guitars have too much reverb for my taste. The voice sounds good though. I'd like the drums to be a bit more luder than they are but thats just me. overall its a decent mix in my opinionSmile

.mp3    ATLANTIS BOUND IT was my fault for waiting Revised Drums Master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.05 MB)

(22-01-2016, 11:29 PM)Ohbeejuan Wrote: Nice call. Here is the revised version.

(22-01-2016, 08:21 AM)Shul Wrote: The guitars have too much reverb for my taste. The voice sounds good though. I'd like the drums to be a bit more luder than they are but thats just me. overall its a decent mix in my opinionSmile

Much Better!!!!!