Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Angels in Amplifiers - I'm Alright, Any thoughts?
Hi!

I found this song and just thought Wow, got to try to mix this!
I'm building a home studio and trying to become a better mixer. For now i'm mostly mixing live concerts.

Here's the result, what do you think?

.mp3    Angels in Amplifiers - Im alright MD1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.86 MB)

Hi, nice mix! However it feels very strange, cos the most important thing in this song is vocal and due to reverb it sounds like it's further than everything else(even though it's volume gives the impression that it's close). I think it's supposed to be the other way around.
(09-12-2015, 11:26 AM)Sono Wrote: Hi, nice mix! However it feels very strange, cos the most important thing in this song is vocal and due to reverb it sounds like it's further than everything else(even though it's volume gives the impression that it's close). I think it's supposed to be the other way around.

Thank you for your feedback. I will give it another try and repost!
Often my biggest fear is to go too bright or too harsh. How did you feel about that?
Now I have done some changes to the mix... Hope you like this one better!

.mp3    Angels in Amplifiers - Im alright MD2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.89 MB)

Great mix buddy!!!(second mix) Loved it. I like what you did there. You got skills! I like how you turned up that shaker on the bridge... Sounds awesome.. Mine is lacking that shaker..
(11-12-2015, 04:54 PM)SweTech Wrote: Now I have done some changes to the mix... Hope you like this one better!

Exceptional.. that kick sounds really good.
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
Thank you very much! Nice to hear!