Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CR Mix
Thanks for any comment

.mp3    Johnny Lokke.mp3 --  (Download: 10.9 MB)

The snare is little loud, you should try to lower the volume of it. otherwise ok.

/C
Love your snare, maybe it needs to be a little bit in the back (in the space I mean) cause it feels in front of the vocal right now. Did you lowpass it ? or did you add a sample ? The guitars and the bass sound great also!
(14-01-2016, 07:43 PM)Samolow Wrote: Love your snare, maybe it needs to be a little bit in the back (in the space I mean) cause it feels in front of the vocal right now. Did you lowpass it ? or did you add a sample ? The guitars and the bass sound great also!

Thanks for you reply, really this are the Plugins used on snare, I don´t use LPF, also use a buss drum with parallel compression.

I post pictures of plugins used on snare.

Thumbnail(s)

Hey Carlos ,
I like your mix sounds well balanced ,listening on HD 600' headphones I think the snare level is ok it just needs a ringing resonance tamed at around 195hz with a parametric with a narrow Q.
I uploaded a quick sample with a dip in that area let me know it you can hear the difference Big Grin.
Great Job

.mp3    Promises snare 195 dip-15db Q 0.15.mp3 --  (Download: 1.03 MB)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(16-01-2016, 08:19 AM)thedon Wrote: Hey Carlos ,
I like your mix sounds well balanced ,listening on HD 600' headphones I think the snare level is ok it just needs a ringing resonance tamed at around 195hz with a parametric with a narrow Q.
I uploaded a quick sample with a dip in that area let me know it you can hear the difference Big Grin.
Great Job

Hi, thanks for your comment, I don´t know if I understand you well, the EQ is over the snare track or whole mix.

In this version apply on SN

Thumbnail(s)

.mp3    Promises Sn -15dB.mp3 --  (Download: 10.9 MB)

Good sound!
I applied the parametric on your entire mix just to hear where the ringing is ,but you are right only the snare needs some eq.
Try moving the eq up to 195hz and more narrow Q of 10-15 on your parametric plugin not 95hz.
Does sound good how it is anyway.
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(21-01-2016, 06:04 AM)thedon Wrote: I applied the parametric on your entire mix just to hear where the ringing is ,but you are right only the snare needs some eq.
Try moving the eq up to 195hz and more narrow Q of 10-15 on your parametric plugin not 95hz.
Does sound good how it is anyway.
Cheers Big Grin

Ups! sorry, I read wrong, but I make the correction, I feel that the snare sound loose punch, I will leave the Eq gain on 10 dB or less, I post this track with yours settings.

regards

Thumbnail(s)

.mp3    EQ 195Hz Q10.mp3 --  (Download: 10.9 MB)