Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Femme Mix by Ak3r
Meanwhile i'll leave this here as i was already working on giving the guitar a little more low-middle end or something, also fatten the snare as it seemed to me quite thin and empty...

.mp3    FEMME MIX 3 EXTREME.mp3 --  (Download: 8.86 MB)

Ok...I think this is it....Should be quite close to a nice mix Tongue. Tried to give a bit more low end to the guitars and made them fit with the bass, also pulled down a bit the kick drum....And then polished a bit everything, so the voice is more present (wich was down in the prev. mixes...) and a few things more...Hope u guys like it Tongue

Ak3r

P.S.: I know the vocal fx is still quite evident... :/ but meh

.mp3    FEMME MIX 6 EXTREME.mp3 --  (Download: 8.77 MB)

(09-10-2015, 04:31 PM)Ak3r Wrote: Ok...I think this is it....Should be quite close to a nice mix Tongue. Tried to give a bit more low end to the guitars and made them fit with the bass, also pulled down a bit the kick drum....And then polished a bit everything, so the voice is more present (wich was down in the prev. mixes...) and a few things more...Hope u guys like it Tongue

Ak3r

Almost there all you need to do is add some more uppermids to the bass at aroung 300-800 Hzto give it some definition, maybe some distortion on the bass would help aswell and raise up the level of the guitar so that it doesn't get drowned out by the drums.
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
(09-10-2015, 09:30 PM)dcp10200 Wrote:
(09-10-2015, 04:31 PM)Ak3r Wrote: Ok...I think this is it....Should be quite close to a nice mix Tongue. Tried to give a bit more low end to the guitars and made them fit with the bass, also pulled down a bit the kick drum....And then polished a bit everything, so the voice is more present (wich was down in the prev. mixes...) and a few things more...Hope u guys like it Tongue

Ak3r

Almost there all you need to do is add some more uppermids to the bass at aroung 300-800 Hzto give it some definition, maybe some distortion on the bass would help aswell and raise up the level of the guitar so that it doesn't get drowned out by the drums.

Thanks for ur comment...I'll leave it a couple of days to settle and try what u said with fresh ears Wink