Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Femme Mix by Ak3r
Ok so here's my take on this song. I really enjoyed mixing it. I've used a djent-y tone i had somewhere around to re-amp the guitars and it came sounding quite old school (wich i enjoy quite a lot)...So mainly that's the direction the mix should go: Old School-ish...

Lemme know your thoughts about it.

Cheers.

Ak3r

.mp3    FEMME MASTER V1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.88 MB)

Hi there, sounds nice, maybe little more punch in the bassdrum..maybe it's me who is a sucker for the bassdrums but I really like when it is pumping hard. But the end is too low anyway. guitars are nice and the vocals :-)
Anyway, nice to hear your version.
/C

ps the guitarsolo sounds good too.
(08-10-2015, 03:49 PM)Cassandra Wrote: Hi there, sounds nice, maybe little more punch in the bassdrum..maybe it's me who is a sucker for the bassdrums but I really like when it is pumping hard. But the end is too low anyway. guitars are nice and the vocals :-)
Anyway, nice to hear your version.
/C

ps the guitarsolo sounds good too.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to listen to my mix. Yep u r right, not so much low end on the kick drum (usually i'd use more) but as i said i was trying to mix it somehow old-school-ish, wich usually are quite punchy but just on the high end...I know u r not quite used to this genre so i'll leave and example so u can check Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBFfyM1X9hk

Thanks a lot for ur comment.

Ak3r
Wow, how cool thanks for the link. I got the picture. Will start re-mix the one you did comment. Will be intersting.Really like the sound of this band :-)

/C
Ok so i gave it another twist and mixed it this time a little more extreme-ish hhehehe. What u guys think bout it? Smile

.mp3    FEMME MIX 2.2 EXTREME.mp3 --  (Download: 4.43 MB)

Hey, it's much better :-)
Like the sound of the lead!!

/C
(08-10-2015, 10:55 PM)Cassandra Wrote: Hey, it's much better :-)

/C

Yaaay!!! \(^,^)/ I hope u liked the drums Smile
(08-10-2015, 11:00 PM)Ak3r Wrote:
(08-10-2015, 10:55 PM)Cassandra Wrote: Hey, it's much better :-)

/C

Yaaay!!! \(^,^)/ I hope u liked the drums Smile

Yes they are much better :-) much more punch now!! Good work!!

/C
In the new mix the drums have more punch but everything else sounds very weak, your first mix was the best version. If anything I would take the first mix and beef up the kick with a boost around 70-80 Hz. The guitars could also use some more low end, they don't really blend with the bass at all which makes them sound too harsh and up front in the mix. In the breakdown you should really cut off the note ends more and tighten up the timing for more impact. The vocal effect is cool but try using at certain points in the song to make it more effective. Remember if you're moving the drums up in the mix you will have to make alterations to the other tracks to make it work. Otherwise your mixes do have an old school greasy death metal vibe which really sets it appart from the other mixes, it just needs refinement.
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
Smile Hey thanks a lot for u comment. Yeah the first version came pretty nice hehe thanks. For the guitars im trying to reamp them using amplitube...wich to me is a little bit thin and harsh yeah...I've changed that sound for the second mix but still are pretty thin...I'll definetly cut the end on the breakdown great advice Wink About the vocal fx im not to sure if i like it or not...just trying..I'll give another try starting from the 1st mix and see what i come with. Thanks a lot Smile