Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Femme from my view - update3
So i made a lil video to show you what i said about dynamics...Because not always louder is better, so i think u'll see what i mean Smile

I compressed on track a lot -8.7db so that's how much i had to pull down that channel so the levels of both tracks will match and so u'll see the real effect of over compressing ur mix, a loss in dynamics and u'll end up tiring ur ears if u r listening to over compresed music for a long time...I can even feel a bit less low end too on the compressed channel but...maybe its just me...Anyway, check it and lemme know what u think about it Wink

Because it's too big i couldnt upload it here so i had to upload it to youtube...but i guess is better 'cause it'll be faster to check... So hope u enjoy it.

Ooops, i almost forgot the link to the vid Tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c0F2mvGmEw

Cheers Smile
(09-10-2015, 10:16 AM)Ak3r Wrote: So i made a lil video to show you what i said about dynamics...Because not always louder is better, so i think u'll see what i mean Smile

I compressed on track a lot -8.7db so that's how much i had to pull down that channel so the levels of both tracks will match and so u'll see the real effect of over compressing ur mix, a loss in dynamics and u'll end up tiring ur ears if u r listening to over compresed music for a long time...I can even feel a bit less low end too on the compressed channel but...maybe its just me...Anyway, check it and lemme know what u think about it Wink

Because it's too big i couldnt upload it here so i had to upload it to youtube...but i guess is better 'cause it'll be faster to check... So hope u enjoy it.

Cheers Smile

Wow! Yes I really hear the difference, audio 02 much more dynamic. I have to be more carefull with compression. Really good example!! :-)
Thanks so much for your effort, highly appreciated :-)

/C

(09-10-2015, 01:10 PM)Cassandra Wrote:
(09-10-2015, 10:16 AM)Ak3r Wrote: So i made a lil video to show you what i said about dynamics...Because not always louder is better, so i think u'll see what i mean Smile

Cheers Smile

Wow! Yes I really hear the difference, audio 02 much more dynamic. I have to be more carefull with compression. Really good example!! :-)
Thanks so much for your effort, highly appreciated :-)

/C

If You can stand one more, it would be cool to hear your view of it, let it be the last :-)

/C

.mp3    Femme4.mp3 --  (Download: 8.64 MB)

Hehehe, sure i can stand one moreWink
At the begining there is a little bit of noise...I dont know if because u r compressing everything too much and so u bring the floor noise up or if there's any fx like a reverb, an amp not muted or something like that.

To my taste the kick is too high, is nice to have it quite present and u know i like it quite up too but i think this is too much ^,^ยก

Also the mix is dark to me...the previous one had more high freqs and was clearer...but i guess that's just my taste...i like things a little brighter...

Last thing...the lead is too high, it sounds ok but too loud, add some reverb and delay but with taste and make it blend with the rythm guitars, that's what i did and works wonders with this kind of solos Wink

Let this mix be the penultimate Tongue hehehe

Nice effort, now that u have a few mixes listen to them together and compare and see what u like more of each one.

Cheers.

Ak3r
A last remix haha, I can't judge anymore on this if it's better or worse. I agreed with You AK3r about the level on the lead though so I lowered it a little and I also replace one of the DI guitars with another AMP that I think sounds better. Brought up the toms a little too since I like to have them visible.

/C

.mp3    FemmeRemix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.64 MB)