Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Femme from my view - update3
Not so familliar with Death Metal - enjoyed mixing it though. :-)
Let me know if You like it.

Added an update - thought the guitars was little to invisible.

Cassandra

.mp3    Femme3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.64 MB)

Well it's way too "dark", soo many low frequencies, the kick drum is too in front of everything...and the drums too dry. And the guitar on the right if much more present than the one on the right...also the bass is lost somewhere in the middle of everything. But it's a nice try considering that you are not familiar with this style Smile
Ooops...also the automatization at the end of the solo is too rude...the rythm guitar suddenly comes back from waay behind...Wich doesnt make much sense...the fade in should be more swift and the guitar shouldnt be so down while the solo... Hope it helps Smile

Hi Ak3r, Thanks, appreciate your comments very much :-) Where is the bass ? Hmm didn't even notice it before I read your writing :-) I guess you are right about the automation to. It comes more cleare now after a while :-)

Thanks for taking your time, really really appreciate it.

/C
Replace with a new better mix. Thanks Ak3r for the reference track you showed me :-)

/C
Good good Smile i see u got the idea. Still the guitar on the right seems to me that it's still more present than the one on the right...and both are a bit down and the voice to loud...but that all. Nice kick drum not too boomy Wink also...u let one of the DI guitars on the solo unmuted and on the left...Those r there just in case u want to reamp so u have the clean guitar track but usually dont use them just as clean guitars Smile Nice work nonetheless
(08-10-2015, 08:14 PM)Ak3r Wrote: Good good Smile i see u got the idea. Still the guitar on the right seems to me that it's still more present than the one on the right...and both are a bit down and the voice to loud...but that all. Nice kick drum not too boomy Wink also...u let one of the DI guitars on the solo unmuted and on the left...Those r there just in case u want to reamp so u have the clean guitar track but usually dont use them just as clean guitars Smile Nice work nonetheless

Oooops i mean the guitar on the right louder than the one on the left Tongue
Thanks Ak3r for pushing me to the limit :-) New version again and I think it is more balanced now. Removed also the unmuted guitar :-)

/C
(09-10-2015, 07:05 AM)Cassandra Wrote: Thanks Ak3r for pushing me to the limit :-) New version again and I think it is more balanced now. Removed also the unmuted guitar :-)

/C

Smile Well first of all i've to say that u've improved a lot from ur first mix, it's like night and day Tongue . Having said that there r two main things that i see in ur mix, one might be just my taste and the other might me a lil more technical.

1. I found the mix to with too much mid-low range...But that could be just my taste... Tongue

2. I think u compress and push up ur mix too much. Do u use any kind of mettering to measure ur mixes? Because it's well beyond 14 lufs...Plus just taking a look at the wave form u can see is super compressed, thus less dynamics and it's easier to get distortion...Thought i know i shouldn't expect much dynamics in metal...

So ( I hope u dont mind... ^,^ยก ) I tried and attempt to kinda "re-master" ur track...Wich coming from a compressed mp3...well u cant expect the highest quality ok...but i guess u can get an idea of what i say...I couldnt do anything about all the compression u already put on it but i turned it down a bit so it wont go over anytime while mettering it (so if u want to compare both tracks u'll have to adjust a lil the volume so both tracks match), and tweeked a lil bit the mid range that i told ya...Also tried to put a lil click on the kick...I think u get the click boosting around 2k...dont be afraid to do it also around 5-6k...at least with this kind of music.

So i guess that's all mainly...As usual I hope that helps Smile Lemme know what u think bout my version of ur track Smile

Ak3r.

P.S.: I like the idea of the solo but might start with the guitar in the middle and when the 2nd comes in then open the stereo Wink

.mp3    FEMME (CASSSANDRA\'S MIX - AK3R REMASTER-ISH).mp3 --  (Download: 8.61 MB)

Hey, thanks for all your time. It's a subtle change in the mid I hear. Sounds good! I really don't know why I always ends up with so much level :-) I guess I Love it loud :-) But I will try to keep an eye on it from now on :-)
Thanks and cheers :-)

/C