Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Long Wait-Drag Mixed By Peng Huang
(23-05-2015, 06:34 AM)Peng Huang Wrote: Thank you very much!I really like ur
three-dimensional mastering!

That's right. Good ears Huang!
This is only for your mix, not good for other songs.
Thanks for listening.
Nice mix! brings everything together very well!
(23-05-2015, 08:27 AM)M-D Wrote:
(23-05-2015, 06:34 AM)Peng Huang Wrote: Thank you very much!I really like ur
three-dimensional mastering!

That's right. Good ears Huang!
This is only for your mix, not good for other songs.
Thanks for listening.
thank you again!
(23-05-2015, 09:42 AM)Old_Ben Wrote: Nice mix! brings everything together very well!

Thx! But I am still not satisfied.Overall lacks elasticity and power.
Hi - I listened to your 1st mix version.

I like your vocals/guitars/FX in the intro - good job there.

Once the band comes in the the bass is very dominating. Because you've matched your kick drum to the bass the whole bottom end of the frequency spectrum is out of balance with the mid range.

The main problem with the bass is the amount of sub 50Hz content which is very hard to hear but carries enormous resonant energy - which is maybe why you've pushed it so hard. You may be better emphasizing the bass harmonics around 100Hz with a boost at 1-1.5Khz to help it cut through the mix .....rather than trying to smash it at 50Hz.

The vocals seem a little pushed back into the mix during verses and choruses. This may be because of low level/too much FX....but I think it is more likely because the bass/kick are too loud.

hope this helps.

Cheers
(25-05-2015, 09:37 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: Hi - I listened to your 1st mix version.

I like your vocals/guitars/FX in the intro - good job there.

Once the band comes in the the bass is very dominating. Because you've matched your kick drum to the bass the whole bottom end of the frequency spectrum is out of balance with the mid range.

The main problem with the bass is the amount of sub 50Hz content which is very hard to hear but carries enormous resonant energy - which is maybe why you've pushed it so hard. You may be better emphasizing the bass harmonics around 100Hz with a boost at 1-1.5Khz to help it cut through the mix .....rather than trying to smash it at 50Hz.

The vocals seem a little pushed back into the mix during verses and choruses. This may be because of low level/too much FX....but I think it is more likely because the bass/kick are too loud.

hope this helps.

Cheers
Thank u for ur good and professional advices! I boost 50 Hz because want to get more elasticity,maybe I boost too much! I will change another monitor to mix this again! Thx again!
(25-05-2015, 09:37 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: You may be better emphasizing the bass harmonics around 100Hz with a boost at 1-1.5Khz to help it cut through the mix .....rather than trying to smash it at 50Hz.

I forget to say as well that you should try a HP filter on the bass around 30-40Hz. The harmonics at 60 and 120 hz are more than enough to give you a solid bass plus any small boost at 1-1.5Khz will help it cut through.
In my opinion, there's too much deep bass and the drums aren't in with the other tracks... standing separate. To me it sounds like a mix and not a band. But I'm in the minority , in almost all cases.
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. ~ E.K.
(25-05-2015, 01:34 PM)HbGuitar Wrote:
(25-05-2015, 09:37 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: You may be better emphasizing the bass harmonics around 100Hz with a boost at 1-1.5Khz to help it cut through the mix .....rather than trying to smash it at 50Hz.

I forget to say as well that you should try a HP filter on the bass around 30-40Hz. The harmonics at 60 and 120 hz are more than enough to give you a solid bass plus any small boost at 1-1.5Khz will help it cut through.

ok~I mix it again!

.mp3    The Long Wait-Drag Mixed By Peng Huang-mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 11.74 MB)

(25-05-2015, 02:47 PM)tgraph Wrote: In my opinion, there's too much deep bass and the drums aren't in with the other tracks... standing separate. To me it sounds like a mix and not a band. But I'm in the minority , in almost all cases.

U are right! THX! Here is the new version.Could u listen it again?

.mp3    The Long Wait-Drag Mixed By Peng Huang-mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 11.74 MB)