Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Forkupines: 'Sugar - Faith' kapu mix
(12-06-2019, 10:05 PM)Leonnyxx Wrote: Great mix, I kinda like the first one, [...]

thanks for your time! listening now, i think i too like the darker guitar tones of earlier versions more. but i dont think i have that version anymore. maybe i should learn to use the channel strip snapshots of cubase. i try to mix so, that the vocal levels would feel roughly same through the song, even if there's much 'velocity' difference between the parts. the samples have something like 50-60 point difference between parts, but i pretty much just 'selected and adjusted the midi box velocity per part', not paying too much attention to detail. there's also a few dBs of automation for vocals and bass done in the same manner. there is one or two points where the 'chorus level' kicks in too early for the vocals, so i would need to fix that. the next step would indeed be the fine tuning of transitions between parts etc, but i dont think im prepared to do that much work now. thank for the advice, i will keep it in mind. ^_^

Messages In This Thread
Forkupines: 'Sugar - Faith' kapu mix - by kapu - 03-06-2019, 10:34 PM
RE: Forkupines: 'Sugar - Faith' kapu mix - by Roy - 06-06-2019, 02:13 PM
RE: Forkupines: 'Sugar - Faith' kapu mix - by kapu - 12-06-2019, 11:00 PM