Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Living in the City (REAPER DAW)
So I'm trying to move from logic to reaper since reaper looks like a solid daw.. less complicated than some out there anyways.. and well... I have a lot of issues on my end. First I probably spent the whole thing discovering what everything does and what not. I don't have any vsts .. and since it's windows I'm familiarizing my self with the instalations of some things.

I used mostly stock plugins from the daw.. and maybe 2 free vst's I found online.. but the major issue I have is that my Codecs or Drivers if you would.. are not good. The sound that comes out of my pc headphone jack is not the same quality as the mac. I can tell the difference.. also the drivers sort of SQUASH everything if it's supper loud.. so now the challenge here is good because it's forcing me to master without squashing the mix too much. If I do then it sounds like they busted a limiter on the mix.. I listen to other youtube music videos and the sound is loud as hell and just fine.. but as soon as I switch to reaper the sound sounds squashed (when limiter is too much) ... so I can definitely tell that if it's mastered right I can achieve those volumes... in the mean time here is a basic mix.

I didn't do much with it since those vocals have a ton of bleed and it's hard to balance things.. at leas for me in this new Daw which by the way is actually pretty cool. Perhaps I need an Interface to use with.. If i get the audio out of those DA converters I can probably have a more faithful sound from the daw.

oh well.. that's why windows sucks when you don't know about what components are best for audio mixing. Sad

Feedback is super welcomed.. like I said sound in windows sounds funny.. I wonder how things sound on your end of your rig.

.mp3    LivingInThecity.mp3 --  (Download: 8.11 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Living in the City (REAPER DAW) - by Shul - 18-12-2018, 07:18 PM
RE: Living in the City (REAPER DAW) - by kapu - 18-12-2018, 09:28 PM
RE: Living in the City (REAPER DAW) - by Shul - 19-12-2018, 04:31 AM
RE: Living in the City (REAPER DAW) - by Deliza - 20-12-2018, 12:19 AM
RE: Living in the City (REAPER DAW) - by Shul - 20-12-2018, 06:40 AM
RE: Living in the City (REAPER DAW) - by 5ras - 28-12-2018, 07:30 PM
RE: Living in the City (REAPER DAW) - by Shul - 29-12-2018, 03:16 AM
RE: Living in the City (REAPER DAW) - by Cudjoe - 30-12-2018, 02:10 PM
RE: Living in the City (REAPER DAW) - by Shul - 04-01-2019, 07:27 PM
RE: Living in the City (REAPER DAW) - by Shul - 05-01-2019, 10:14 PM
RE: Living in the City (REAPER DAW) - by Roy - 22-04-2019, 06:29 PM