Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ae Mere Humsafar_mix Tommy Marcinek (tjmtruth)
(06-07-2018, 09:40 PM)Monk Wrote: Hello Tommy. You've been busy indeed, enjoyed the listen.

I'd clean up the verbs, they tend to get a bit congested from the build up on occasion for me.

Early on it sounded like the kick had too much attack, kind of rock style? Then I thought it might be a tambourine or similar element hitting at the same time as the kick giving the illusion?

The piano is a bit on the harsher side (as in digital), suggesting the attack could be eased up a bit to give some smoothness. I think a warmer timbre would help bring the song to the listener, crucially during the run in where it's quite naked.

Bass translated on small monitors rather well. Cymbal swells can get a little harsh. Nice wide mix which held up surprisingly well in mono though I'd widen the vocal a little otherwise the balance jumps out. In stereo it would make him feel a little less pinched.

Is it me, or is there some pumping going on with the masterbuss, or some sidechaining I'm possibly sensing?

Some nicework here, thanks for the listen.

-------------------
Monk, you got a good ear my friend. Yes, I did a bit of side-chain compression on the synth pad with the lead vocal doing the triggering....just a tad so I'm very surprised you heard that. All your other suggestions are great. The only thing is, the last time I did a song like this I was told that there wasn't enough delay/reverb...this style seems to demand it otherwise it's not considered in that genre. I'm only going by what I was told by another artist a while back. I think the kick simply has a bit more beater click in the beginning part and elsewhere later on.....I think they did the kick in sections and eq'd/processed it differently. If I had the time I'd go back and fix all those things but I put so much time into it I have to move on the other things. Did you do a mix on this? I have to check. Thanks for the feedback.

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ae Mere Humsafar_mix Tommy Marcinek (tjmtruth) - by tjmtruth - 06-07-2018, 11:49 PM