Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Trafficker Monked
I suppose the impression you have is valid. If you are using huge 8" studio monitors to listen to this I know why it sounds bigger than life in your end. I listened in quality headphones, phone speaker, car stereo. Got a different sound in all of them but that dryness is still there and by that I don't mean there is no reverb at all.. I mean it sounds raw.. it's not a bad thing of course, audio is very subjective but when you compare your mix to just the hundreds of songs out there in most rock categories the difference is very big.

Having said that I take back my comment in the sense that it was a genuine and creative approach. I still remember and hear the difference in mixes from back in the days to mixes now. Back then mixes were more distinct and unique.. obviously this mix is unique. So good job in that sense.

As for the approach on my mix. I just wanted. Some punch in it. I used the drums to show that agresiveness because his father never loved me but the dude is still a trooper and he made it.. so in my head it was more like "f you dad I made it without you" so I tried to make a an agressive groove with it in the hopes that it would get some one head banging at some point lol but I probably failed in that regard but I won't know till someone listens with consumer ears.. for the most part here in the forum judge mixes with engineers ears and we often forget what a perspective from a consumer would be like.

Anyways I'll tend to the reverb problem you mentioned in my mix and post a less wet guitars in them. The rawness will definitely help the groove of the drums.
Good day Monk.

Messages In This Thread
Trafficker Monked - by Monk - 06-06-2018, 12:05 PM
RE: Trafficker Monked - by kapu - 07-06-2018, 11:16 AM
RE: Trafficker Monked - by Monk - 08-06-2018, 08:41 AM
RE: Trafficker Monked - by Shul - 16-10-2018, 04:33 AM
RE: Trafficker Monked - by Monk - 18-10-2018, 09:31 AM
RE: Trafficker Monked - by Nikola Mikovic - 16-10-2018, 06:08 PM
RE: Trafficker Monked - by Monk - 18-10-2018, 09:36 AM
RE: Trafficker Monked - by Shul - 19-10-2018, 02:53 AM
RE: Trafficker Monked - by Monk - 10-02-2019, 08:25 PM