Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Come Around (Intermediate-advance session)
I fell in love with this song the moment I heard it.
I just had to mix it! To my surprise the recordings weren't that good.

All guitars had resonating freq. on them around the 700hz, 1khz, 2khz, 3khz... among another few that were not that big of a problem. The room this song was recorded in was terrible. Either that or the mic used for it was no good.
Having said that the challenge here was how to cut off those resonating freq. but still preserve the most "unaltered"/ natural sound on them.

Checked several mixes of this songs to see If I could find one that actually focused on getting rid of all of these freq. but I couldn't find one! all of them have those ugly freq. At least all the ones I checked.

So cutting here and there was a lot of Fun but what helped me was the sound I was looking for in this particular song. The feel I wanted for it was not a clear/ clean one so in a way all the cut offs I did made it possible for me to achieve this chill, laid back, mellow sound and still keeping the natural sound of the recording.

Hope you guys like it.
Please do let me know what you think and how I did.
If you are looking for an advanced session, this is it... it will definitely improve your eq'ing skills.

Thanks for listening.

.mp3    ComeAroundMix1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.45 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Come Around (Intermediate-advance session) - by Shul - 25-05-2016, 06:02 AM