Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Only Logic Proz LyfeGetzInDaWyez
(11-07-2019, 09:06 AM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hi Quathamer, cool mix! I think I prefer Mix 1.3 (the second one), because I quite like the vocal treatment on it. Especially those first lower register vocal lines - they sound much less muddy and boxy in the 2nd version

I like most of the sounds you got, although I find the guitars a little on the thin side. Somehow, in the choruses, the low end of the distorted guitars doesn't seem to "connect" and interact with the bass in the low mids in a way that feels natural. It almost sounds like the guitars are a separate, distinct "high mid layer" in the mix, not a smooth transition through the frequencies. I don't know if that makes sense, but that's the way I hear it.... Is it my imagination, or are the chorus guitars weighted to the left in the first chorus?

The low end feels a little stodgy to me - too much sub bass maybe? The low end doesn't feel as punchy and defined as it could be. I find the LCR panning on the toms pretty distracting - might be a personal taste thing there though.

Overall though, it's working pretty well - nice job!

Quote:I would LOVE if you provided the tracks for Outa Control. Honestly would love to be able to get my teeth into that one,

Outa Control will be the final multitrack available here for free for mixing from the album. I don't know when Mike will post it, but he has it ready to go...possibly next month(?)

Quote:and Bulldozer too (insane gtr solo froth town).

Of course, you can get ALL the multitracks from the album RIGHT NOW simply by buying the album - that, of course includes "Bulldozer":
You can get that here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases

Oh true! Well I'll probably pick up the set cause its good stuff.

And yeah I agree about the guitars, but I don't know about them being heavy on the left. I'll have to have a listen later on
~
Other Mixes

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digital Only Logic Proz LyfeGetzInDaWyez - by Quathamer - 11-07-2019, 10:38 AM