Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mallory
(29-04-2019, 04:28 PM)Deliza Wrote: Looking at every part in its own...
Forget it, 5 seconds and one Google search after and I understand now!

Thanks for dropping by Deliza.

The problem imposed upon the listener, is that we are presented with 3 different personalities in the song. The first is Mallory himself, the second is the observer, and the third and final, is the ghost of Mallory. This is unconventional and will catch most off guard, even if they know this piece of history. It took me a few listens of the source material to begin with, just to get into it and find some sort of vision.

The question is how to approach and deliver each of the 3 sections without going off too far from the general musicality? For example, the last section has the bv’s rich in reverb already present in the material. I cursed it during the imported rough preview because of the apparent spatial contradiction. Boy, do I hate wet tracking or what? But it isn’t actually a contradiction but a Heavenly rendition.

I think what you might be referring to as seagulls is my attempt at the creative expression of the ghosts of Mallory and Irvine. Big Grin

Somewhat off topic, as a Producer I’d have gone more in line with the likes of Rick Wakeman’s works such as Journey to the Centre of the Earth, etc. With more time in an album, each song could build on the foundation, so even a listener unfamiliar with part or the whole story, will by the end be fully wise. To do all this in 4 minutes is probably asking a lot. How about it, Rick?

Catch you on the North Face.

"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.

Messages In This Thread
Mallory - by Monk - 26-04-2019, 09:04 AM
RE: Mallory - by Deliza - 29-04-2019, 04:28 PM
RE: Mallory - by Monk - 21-05-2019, 12:12 PM
RE: Mallory - by Equilibrium - 02-05-2019, 10:26 PM
RE: Mallory - by Monk - 21-05-2019, 12:16 PM
RE: Mallory - by Equilibrium - 21-05-2019, 02:27 PM
RE: Mallory - by takka360 - 02-05-2019, 11:26 PM
RE: Mallory - by Monk - 21-05-2019, 12:18 PM