Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions - Devil's Words (First Mix)
(09-06-2018, 01:04 AM)gammasign Wrote: As far as the drums, it is mostly overheads. I couldn't get the toms to sound good and the overheads were pretty good, so I increased the overheads. Did you work on this track? How did you hear that? Great ears!

Thanks Shul!

I did work on this track a while back. I'm sure you could find it if you want to give it a listen to. Yes I noticed the overheads because I often place them in solo and that's the feel you get from just that on the drums. If you know how to sample drums you can fit some Tom samples in there to fill better with those over heads. That's what I did.

Reading some comments about headphones, you just gotta get used to listen to pro recordings in your free time to be able to get a better notion of the sound. If you don't have a well treated room to use studio monitors then headphones are a more convenient option. However the true feel to mix is best experienced in studio monitors. In my case I live in apartments so I can't really use the monitors like I would want to. But you get really good results on headphones though. Smile cheers

Messages In This Thread
RE: Actions - Devil's Words (First Mix) - by Shul - 09-06-2018, 12:46 AM
RE: Actions - Devil's Words (First Mix) - by Shul - 09-06-2018, 02:15 AM