Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Still Mixing - GOD This song´s gonna drive me nuts
I definitely agree with the bass comments. Like Shul said, just pulling it down will work wonders. Three more things though!

1) Something that bothered me about the recording of this song is that the vocals are so light and feathery. Like they recorded with an extreme high pass filter in place. Maybe that's where the "one-dimensionalness" (dimensionality??) comes from? How did you EQ the vocals? Maybe taking out some of the high mids or adding some lower stuff could help him sound less ghostly (get it???).

2) The synth sounds at the beginning sound pretty harsh. Did anyone else think this? Something around 2-5 kHz? Hell I don't know, I'm having a hard time fitting them in myself!

3) I do not like how pushed back the yelled vocals are. The dude's pissed off and wants to be heard. Let him!

I also agree with Shul that you have a great start. I also think it's cool that you've done some creative mixing, especially with the guitars in the very beginning and the soft section.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Still Mixing - GOD This song´s gonna drive me nuts - by CrackheadBill - 03-01-2017, 06:30 AM