Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Still Flying FINAL MIX (2)
(27-12-2016, 03:46 PM)MixingInTheBedroom Wrote: Hey Shul, very nice sounding mix there! These kind of heavy stuffs are not my kind of musics but as far as I listen to them, you are quite super good! Keep it up!

I was considering applying puremix.net but now I am thinking about this nailthemix. What do you think?

Thank you. Your feedback is much appreciated.

About the websites...
It all depends on your music taste. For example these type of songs are usually very loud and are a bit more simple to manage while mixing. The techniques are always very similar in terms of "how do I get that efficient loud and punchy sound"... Wereass in a different genre like pop for example.. is all about vocals and "how do I get everything to work better so vocals can shine"... Or jazz.. it's more of "how do I balance everything in the tracks without loosing too much dynamics".

Every genre has its own approach when you start mixing it.. so pure mix is more of a general music approach to mixes. They cover a wide range of it and therefore they have a bit more information on things.. but for blitzz for example that stuff are things he already knows.. and. Sure I can relate to him in that area.. I have read some books and seen several videos and mixed several songs.. so I already know how a compressor works, why use one and when to use one.. so I don't really need more things like that. What I need though is more "hands on practice"

I'm not sure if pure mix provides over the shoulder videos and show you how the mixer MIXES the song in real time but in nail the mix you get that EXPERIENCE.. is not so much the knowledge but the EXPERIENCE you get. You can know how to EQ a guitar but untill you actually hear one being eq'd in a certain way and "why" your knowledge goes by without experience. Books will tell you 400hz is Mudd, 3k is presence ' 6k is brightness etc... But untill you experience what that "sounds like" you are still in the same spot. Not to promote NTM or anything... But c'mon.. for the price you get a lot.

I'm glad there are sites like Cambridge.. and thanks Mike for the great work of giving these tracks out to everyone. I hope life is repaying you well for the Good Samaritan work you do.. but if Mike wanted to step this game up he could charge a fee a month and I'm sure most of us here would pay for that. I respect Mike for leaving this site free for users like me who can't afford much money into education but I have learned something.. you can't go through life without investing.. and investing in your self always pays off.

Bottom line it doesn't matter what site you choose.. just do it bro.. go out there and get it done. I work every day and get about 5 hrs of sleep only.. because after work I'm always mixing or researching something that has to do with audio. Be passionate about what you want to pursue.. and more importantly.. don't quit Smile.

Messages In This Thread
Still Flying FINAL MIX (2) - by Shul - 08-11-2016, 05:16 AM
RE: Still Flying (Fixed mix) - by Blitzzz - 11-11-2016, 02:03 AM
RE: Still Flying (Fixed mix) - by Shul - 11-11-2016, 08:15 AM
RE: Still Flying (Fixed mix) - by Shul - 12-11-2016, 08:30 AM
RE: Still Flying (Fixed mix) - by Jimdolorian - 15-11-2016, 05:48 PM
RE: Still Flying (Fixed mix) - by Shul - 15-11-2016, 10:09 PM
RE: Still Flying FINAL MIX (with comments for those interested) - by Shul - 27-12-2016, 07:18 PM
RE: Still Flying FINAL MIX (2) - by Shul - 26-12-2016, 09:55 PM
RE: Still Flying FINAL MIX (2) - by Blitzzz - 27-12-2016, 05:20 PM
RE: Still Flying FINAL MIX (2) - by Blitzzz - 28-12-2016, 01:16 AM
RE: Still Flying FINAL MIX (2) - by Shul - 28-12-2016, 02:21 AM
RE: Still Flying FINAL MIX (2) - by Shul - 29-12-2016, 05:09 PM
RE: Still Flying FINAL MIX (2) - by chuck moe - 03-01-2017, 01:25 AM
RE: Still Flying FINAL MIX (2) - by CrackheadBill - 03-01-2017, 05:52 AM