Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Perpetual Escape - 'Roots of Mankind' - Sonic Particle Studios
(27-12-2016, 04:03 PM)MixingInTheBedroom Wrote: Sonic Particle, you have quite nice ideas in that mix but indeed it might be little too low heavy (Or highs are quite lacking, don't know.). Also make snare more powerful, bigger, punchier, use samples. I am not really into these genre but as far as I know, vocals should sound more energetic, aggressive, use parallel compression on vocals, (Like 1176 heavily).

I hope that might helpful. I am rather giving you a listener perspective.

I'm betting the low end is a bit much. Hopefully I can find an opportunity to playback on a system that can show me what's going on in the low end.

I actually liked the snare that came with the multitracks so I didn't thicken it or shape the tone a lot. Mostly EQed it to fit and compressed it enough to keep it in place.

The vocals I think are going to lack aggression more from how it was recorded more than how I treated them for the mix. As is, I compressed fairly aggressively with up to 7dB of gain reduction and EQed mildly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perpetual Escape - 'Roots of Mankind' - Sonic Particle Studios - by Sonic_Particle - 27-12-2016, 04:18 PM