Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wesley Morgan_Flesh&Bone_mix Tommy Marcinek
(08-12-2016, 12:29 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Real Nice Tom,

I really like the vocal, soft, airy and close. I think your efforts have paid off, I heard no noticeable distractions whist focusing in on the performance.

I also enjoyed the space and controlled ambience surrounding the whole piece. It certainly painted a realistic picture of the performance in my mind as I listened.

Too goodBig Grin

--------------

Hey D man, how are you? Thanks for the props. Actually, listening to my mix again, the vocal sounds too processed to me. It's incredible because I used almost no processing on it. I mean, I manually manipulated the wav form for sibilance and other noises, etc., and only used a bit of Waves Vocal Rider on the track. Perhaps THAT was even too much because the singer sang very close to the mic and any volume increase that the vocal rider was producing, I think, only made the vocal's noisy areas even more pronounced. So, I think I just made more work for myself. LOL! But overall it's not a bad mix. Are you going to post your own? I haven't seen it. Please let me know if you do this one. It's challenging.

Peace....

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wesley Morgan_Flesh&Bone_mix Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 08-12-2016, 06:36 PM