Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wesley Morgan_Flesh&Bone_mix Tommy Marcinek
(08-12-2016, 02:09 AM)loupi Wrote: nice mix! vocals sound really good but i just want to mention that in my opinion you took the de-essing too far, especially on the s'ss. i'll be posting a version soon, and i'll be going for a crisp and upfront vocal as well. planning to manually micro-manage the mainvox toworrow (in this case: fun!) and to use as little processing on them as possible though. it might be interesting to compare.

---------------
Loupi,

Thanks for your input. I'm looking forward to hearing your mix. To my ears the "esses" sound ok to me. But, you could be right. You see, when I was young I could hear well above 16k and now that's just about my limit nowadays. So, I have to be careful not to overdrive high frequencies. The high frequency content is there in the vocal. In fact it almost sounds too "processed" even though there is almost no processing on it. The singer sang right into that mic which makes for a hard time controlling rogue sounds, frequencies, breathing and other noises. I spent a lot of time with manual wav adjustments and only used a bit of WAVES vocal rider. Let me know when you post your version. :-)

Later,

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wesley Morgan_Flesh&Bone_mix Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 08-12-2016, 06:30 PM