Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow down Mix, No Loudness race, K12RMS
Hi thedon and many many thanks for your listening and kind review.

Of course I could raise the levels but then as I mentioned in my respons to Luc, this was done in terms of keeping it in the analog realm, and this is where my console reach it's 0db, of course I can push it on the console to but I did not want any saturation from the console and when playing it through my old Yamaha Natural sound amplifier it sounds really great, like how peoples home older hifi's often are.

If I would do this for lets say CD or DVD it would probably hold for a couple of db's more but I don't think 8-9 is reasonable, I've used to push everything in to the digital 0 for many years with limiters but then I learned about gain staging and how things are done in the analog world and why levels are so important so this time I thought lets try mixing this to that standard or around that at least because it sounds just much better, and here singing and the song is in my world very 70-80 disco...

Anyhow this is really down to subjective opinions and maybe you are right about that but then again it was for the fun of working on something you never heard and how you would approach it with your knowledge and equipment etc.

thanks again for your reply and maybe I consider what you said to the next project Smile

yes the snare could be a db lower I realize.
Have a wonderful day.
/H

Messages In This Thread
RE: Slow down Mix, No Loudness race, K12RMS - by henkeli - 29-11-2015, 07:56 PM