Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Flesh and Bone' (Bugs Gregory Mix)
Hey guys - new here. Please have a listen to my mix and let me know what I can improve. Thanks!

.mp3    Flesh and Bone (Bugs Gregory Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 12.5 MB)

Beautiful mix. Very well balanced and the vocal sits just right. Great job.

The only change I would suggest is to automate the accordion so that the interesting bits poke out. You don't need the accordion any louder while it is simply holding chords, but when there is some movement, the little trills, lead-ins to notes, and melodic parts, those could poke out for the second or two that they are interesting. Two times where I love the accordion parts are at 4:27-4:33 and 4:45-4:50. They are all over the place, but those are two essential ones.

Great job.
Hi Wesley- thanks for the listen and critique. Greatly appreciated!

I'll go in and take a look at the flow of the accordion and see if I can get it to carry a bit more energy/emotion like you suggested. I know I automated a couple parts of it but not like you're suggesting. That was a tough sound sonically to deal with...

Thank you!

Bugs
Real nice,i enjoyed a great job
Current mix posted is my updated the mix with some accordion automation rides per Wesley's advice.
This is to my ears a very good and balanced mix, a bit heavy i the lower freq in my system but i am not tuned to my new sub yet so don't take my word for it Smile .
Thanks, SixString. I appreciate the feedback. Those low freq are always tricky to get right. I rolled em back just a bit now following your listen...