Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
dB S mix
(14-07-2012, 06:45 PM)drbob1970 Wrote: Thanks for the helful comments Mike. I'm only not sure I get what you mean regarding the lop-sided stereo with the guitar & ukulele. Do you mean it's tilted too much towards the ukulele side?
Cheers
Eric

Now that you mention it, I too am a somewhat puzzled by this remark.

Marc

(14-07-2012, 06:45 PM)drbob1970 Wrote: Thanks for the helful comments Mike. I'm only not sure I get what you mean regarding the lop-sided stereo with the guitar & ukulele. Do you mean it's tilted too much towards the ukulele side?

Yup -- that was what I was talking about. It's the kind of thing that bugs me rather disproportionally, though, so it's probably OK for the majority of people! Smile
I think that it sounds great man! For me the guitar on the left (muting kinda slap) gets in the way of the snare a little. It a little piercing and might just need a little top end trimmed off (IM0). I've not listened to the reference track, but this one definitely can stand on its own!
Hi
after all this time, I finally found the time to do a revision of this one, based on the comments received.
Regarding the breath noises in the flute part, I was pretty sure I did not really cut them out or automated them, so I looked at it closer, and even re-downloaded the original file, and sure enough, I did nothing to them in the original mix. There is very little compression going on (a few dB on the loudest notes of the flute), so I actually ended up, for this version, boosting some of the breath noises to make them stand out more. Big Grin
Regards
Eric

.mp3    TurnOnMeN.mp3 --  (Download: 10.08 MB)