Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turn Back To Spring - Another Day Calling kapu mix
"Kick and snare are lacking punch." Smile

.m4a    turn_back_to_spring_-_another_day_calling_kapu_mix.m4a --  (Download: 7.89 MB)

I dig the feel the electronic drums give the song. Yes, they could have some more punch ;-) I like the fx on the piano, too. Cool mix!

Draper
Thanks for the feedback. I tried to be a little more creative with this one. I particularly like the "hardcore" feel those samples have at the ending crescendo.
(06-04-2015, 04:56 AM)kapu Wrote: "Kick and snare are lacking punch." Smile

HI kapu,

I definitely agree with the 80's vibe that your mix seems to go for. My only exception would have to be the snare. It seems that you're triggering a 909 type snare. I like that for the main hits but since the player also does fills the re-triggering takes away from the over all vibe.

T
(26-06-2015, 01:25 PM)TChianit Wrote: HI kapu,

I definitely agree with the 80's vibe that your mix seems to go for. My only exception would have to be the snare. It seems that you're triggering a 909 type snare. I like that for the main hits but since the player also does fills the re-triggering takes away from the over all vibe.

T

Thanks for feedback. I was a bit lazy with that triggering stuff. But if I remember correctly, the original snare was also a triggered sample with no good "touch" or real cresendo in the fills, just plain volume ramp up. Anyway it doesn't matter. I don't usually do this kind of stuff and I was just practicing things. The snare sample was something from Logic's Drum Machine Designer preset, so propably some 909 sample.