Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bannockburn ergo mix
let me know what your guys think?
cheers Smile

.mp3    Banoockburn.mp3 --  (Download: 11.29 MB)

The toms stand out great, the synths and leads / guitars blend really well to taste. The kick feels like it's muddying things up a *lot* with my subwoofer plugged in, and the guitars sound like they were mixed very "black metal" style with the screechy high end at times, aside from the leads which sound great. Overall, I like it quite a bit Big Grin The vocals sit really well (as well as standing apart from the mix).
Around 1:40ish the guitars sound somewhat fatiguing. Maybe lower two of the amp mics to taste, for a thinner more atmospheric sound? Also the backgrounds really drown out the main part around 2:20. The drums are really punchy though; did you use parallel compression for them?
The low end is really overpowering at times on the kick, and the whole drum bus sounds like it's comping to the low end of the kick, especially in faster "machine gun" double bass sections.
The song isn't mixed super loud aside from that, so it doesn't sound super crazy compressed and limited, though my ear isn't extremely attuned to bus compression unless it's overdone! Smile
Hope I helped!
hey man, thanks for the comment.

i agree with everything you say, especially with the overpowering kick drum. i only mixed this in a couple hours (maybe 3-5hrs) and didn't do a follow up mix (if i did the kick drum would be drops by a few dB). yes i parallel compressed my drum bus and usually parallel bass but i didn't in this case.
thanks for the feedback Smile