Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piece Of Me
Fun song to mix, thanks for sharing! I wonder where you Dark Ride guys got the Kemper profile. It sounds alot like Colin Richardson!

Kick and Snare are reinforced with custom samples of mine.

.mp3    BenjaminMüller_PieceOfMeMix#1.mp3 --  (Download: 12.24 MB)

Sounds good. Nice and clear while also being solid and loud. A little bright for mys taste, but that's me. I like the approach on the acoustic guitar, it stands out well.
Cool & punchy. Too much reverb for my taste, but it's far from annoying/distracting. What kind of reference mix did you use?

The kemper profile was kinda tricky to do - but a lot of backwards engineering and some magic did the job :-P You can download it on the Kemper site, just search for killswitch in the database.
Hi Blitzzz,

Thanks for the profile tip. I was aiming for that Colin Richardson wipe especially on drums. I´d love to hear the original Kevin Talley recordings, can´t imagine that they´re not usable. Thanks!
Oh they are unusable because the song itself (= Dead Enemies) has changed since we recorded the drums with Kevin. Piece of me on the other hand wasn't played by him; I programmed the drums from start to end.

Good news: Dirk Verbeuren from Soilwork will be our drummer for the final 3 songs of our first album (Generation under Fire) and the next CD too =) No more drum programming for me - yeah!
Good mix for what you had. The vox was recorded with lots of fx and that limits a mix big time.
Everything else is ok.