Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juliets Rescue - Heartbeats mix v1
Hey, first time poster here.

I was troubled with insomnia so I decided to mix Juliets Rescue - Heartbeats.
Please give it a listen and comment your thoughts. I decided to try and make the song more spacious (is that a word?) feeling by panning some of the instruments and background vocals, something I only recently started doing.

This was mixed in Cubase Elements 7, at 44.1khz resolution with a bit depth of 24. Through a pair of Philips SHL3200's which i won at a programming competition, and decided to test tonight.

Since the uncompressed WAV file is 80+ mb, you get to listen to the 20x smaller 128kbps MP3. Smile

-Sindri K.

.mp3    Juliets Rescue - Heartbeats v1.compressed.mp3 --  (Download: 4 MB)

Hi there, couple of things - one is if you can, upload your mp3 at 320kbps (or best quality you can manage) - so much is lost at 128 there's not much point us commenting, especially on the top end.

Second I'd recommend getting hold of some basic info about using EQ and compression. It sounds like you haven't used much of either in this mix, and they're both essential mixing tools. Try http://therecordingrevolution.com/ for some useful tutorial videos. Also have a listen to other mixes of this song (I've just put one up), download a few you like and line them up in Cubase with your mix. Flip between them and see what the differences are and have a think about how you might improve your mix. Hope that helps, cheers, Matt