Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Through My Eyes -WBurris Mix
Hello everyone.

I thought I would throw up my current mix for this track. What an awesome song.. the dynamics could be endless with alot more time to work on the mix.

I worked on this about 3 hours. Used some Waves plugs, iZotope plugs, and standard plugs in Cubase Pro 8.

Feels a little muddy on the low end of the vox, but still learning to clean it up.

Any constructive criticism is welcomed!

Hope ya enjoy.

-WB

.mp3    Through My Eyes -WBurrisMix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.53 MB)

(02-04-2015, 06:44 PM)Wburris Wrote: Hello everyone.

I thought I would throw up my current mix for this track. What an awesome song.. the dynamics could be endless with alot more time to work on the mix.

I worked on this about 3 hours. Used some Waves plugs, iZotope plugs, and standard plugs in Cubase Pro 8.

Feels a little muddy on the low end of the vox, but still learning to clean it up.

Any constructive criticism is welcomed!

Hope ya enjoy.

-WB
Hi WB
I like your version of this awesome song good balance.
The vocals may need higher Hi pass filtering or notching out the lower resonant frequencies around 140-250 and then beefed up with a compressor or limiter.
I done a quick sample of your intro using little parametric eq and a rocket compressor plugin, maybe a little extreme for an example only but hope it helps with the muddy low end on the vox.

Cheers Big Grin.

Thumbnail(s)

.mp3    Through my eyes -vocals.mp3 --  (Download: 652.19 KB)

[/quote]
Hi WB
I like your version of this awesome song good balance.
The vocals may need higher Hi pass filtering or notching out the lower resonant frequencies around 140-250 and then beefed up with a compressor or limiter.
I done a quick sample of your intro using little parametric eq and a rocket compressor plugin, maybe a little extreme for an example only but hope it helps with the muddy low end on the vox.

Cheers Big Grin.

[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback! I hear exactly what you're talking about with the eq work. That is the exact area / frequency that I was bothered with. Thank you for putting up a pic of what levels you adjusted.

I appreciate the compliment on the mix, I am still pretty new to this and haven't trained my ears yet to know that what I hear is 140-250 that I don't like. I base all of my mixing on just what I hear and what sounds like a really warm glue of the different instruments and vocals.

This helped alot.

-WB