Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its my right - voelund
Mixed it yesterday and listened Ollis version as I uploaded.
O - did I remember phase on drums, no snare were much better after phase treatment, leadguitar had a little amp sim on clean ttrack and slightly (more) echo

Great song and playing. I enjoyd it !

Mix 1 are my first try, labeled 03 are from today with changes described. None of them mastered.
First version only left for comparison, 03 is best !

.mp3    Its my right.mp3 --  (Download: 10.07 MB)

.mp3    Its my right 03.mp3 --  (Download: 10.15 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Listening to 03 sounds good to me ,I like the double vocals in the chorus.

For the first the first 4 seconds I was checking to see if my speakers were on Lol Big Grin
Thank you for your feedback! I like the way you have made the vocals more interesting with effects and editing, and I just wonder why have you left them a bit backgroundish. I think you could bring them up with "in-your-face" attitude in mind. Smile
listened to 03, on cans, in lounge, drinking tea....not mixed it, won't be mixing it...just cruising thru...

actually appreciated the pre-master because it shows the mix how it is...except for the fact that we're missing the other 70 percent because it's lossy! :/ ho hum.

great spectral balance here, easy on the ear in one respect. i'm troubled by the guitar panned on the LHS though, it's fatiguing my left ear because there's nothing to balance it's frequency on the RHS - specifically, for example, in the mid-section from 2:11. yeah, i know it's a cans thangggg Wink I'm wondering if the Haas technique on the guitars might make the music a richer and more fuller experience?

the song also sounds flat and pretty static in the musical dynamic's department (i don't want to use the word "boring", if i can help it), quite lifeless if you know what i mean. perhaps you've skimped on the automation a bit?

i'd bring the floor tom in a touch, so both speakers are more involved in it's delivery. thought the drums were jogging along nicely.

hope you're keeping busy!
cheers
Beware...........Cognitive Dissonance!
Thx for the listen and suggestions. A version 04 may surprise us all if time allows
Haas eff guitar, louder vox, more dynamic control solo.
Thx !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Nice mix. maybe a tad bass heavy but this is one of them songs that can sound fantastic with either a whole heap of low end or not very much. It works either way!
Old West Audio
Mix 4 will be great. I think the bassplayer has a too big part in this mix and the vocals to little.
Doesn't sound all wrong to me. Smile

I had a vision of featuring the bass in my first mix, too, and I do think that it works the way you did it. The guitars (especially the lead guitars) may be a little boxy/nasal, and the vocals might need a 1 - 1.5 dB boost. But overall I think your concept works.